Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send alerts to Pager/Fax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to send alerts to Pager/Fax......

I know that this can be done by checking the checkbox SMS,FAX in alert inbox.

For receiving the Alert through Email,We define the Receipents in TCode ALRTCATDEF under fixed receipents.

Where does we provide the Pager number/Fax number /Mob number so that I can receive Alerts Even trough Pager and SMS.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Potharaju,

just logon to xi system abap stack and goto System --> User Profile --> Own data there you can provide your fax no. and every contact info for further setting execute tcode scot.

Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to RWB->Alert Inbox->Personalize->Check SMS,

Go to SU01->UserId->Change->Give mobile number & Fax Number in Communication Area

G to SCOT -> Check weather SMS/Pager/Fax is configured or not

( It need to be Configured , Otherwise there is no medum to send the alerts to mobile,page,FaX ( Manditory))

Check out SAP Connect (SCOT).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me21sp2/helpdata/en/2b/d927734b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

SAPconnect provides a standard interface for external communication, which supports sending with telecommunication services, such as FAX, text message (pager/SMS), Internet mail, and X.400, as well as sending to printers and between different SAP systems. It enables external communication components to be connected to the SAP system.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b6d59590-0201-0010-5f9d-adb9f6b1...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RWB->Alert Inbox-.Personalize->Check SMS,

Go to SU01->UserId->Change->Give mobile number & Fax Number in Communication Area

G to SCOT -> Check weather SMS/Pager/Fax is configured or not

( It need to be Configured , Otherwise there is no medum to send the alerts to mobile,page,FaX ( Manditory))

Regards,

Jayasimha Jangam

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Follow below steps

1. Configure phone/fax number in user profile (SU01) communication area

2. Configure FAX and SMTP paramters in SCOT transaction window