cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can schedule job for crystal report to generated automatically at night?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Support,

I would like to ask that is there any way to schedule job for crystal report to generate automatically at night?

Thanks and regards,

calyn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Business Objects InfoView portal you can schedule job so that it will run at a specified time and generate the report instances. Its a good feature of InfoView Portal.

You can generate the report instances in any format like pdf,word,xls,txt etc... and you can send them to a mail alias or id also every night.

Check out the Admin guide here:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir2/en/xir2_bip_user_en.pdf

and look for Scheduling objects section...

I hope this information may help you ...

Regards,

Parsa.

Edited by: Ramesh Parsa on Sep 9, 2008 1:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi support,

Thanks for your reply.. I have installed CR developer for crystal report XI but do not have CR enterprise. Is it possible to use infoview portal?

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

No - the option you have is to create your own app using one of the Crystal Reports SDKs - Crystal Reports for .NET, Java Reporting Component or the COM-based Report Designer Component.

Then you'd use a scheduler to trigger the app.

The Developer edition comes with all three - what's your programming language of choice?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

May i know how to use scheduler in crystal report .net or asp.net to trigger the crystal report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

my programming of choice is vb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Crystal Report Server XI R2 to generate Reports on the fly.

i have reports created saved in local disk. and i can able to publish my report in infoview and able to schedule the reports using CMS Admin portal.

now my question is:

Is that possible to publish the report programatically using API's without using the portal?

Is that possible to shedule the same programatically using API's without using the portal?

Thanks for any help,

Padmanaban V

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answer is yes. But as per the the [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] (one issue per thread), I'd recommend that you start another thread. Also, since the query involves Business Objects Enterprise, post to the Business Objects SDK Application Development forum:

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludak,

Answers (0)