Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Input field disabled and value not being passed to program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing problem with respect to an input field that is designed in screen for Staff User Id.

It has F4 help with search help assigned to it and on selection of Staff, user is provided with a button 'Select' next to input field, upon clicking the select button, the value selected/input in that has to be populated in multiple records in ALV that in bottom of that input field.

Container is below that input field and using OO ALV.

I am facing 2 problems.

1. Value that is selected for that Staff is not being passed to the program for the first time, after a server round trip, its being populated.

like i have a validation on that field, so its an information message, after this upon button click value is passed to program. what could be the reason?

this problem is solved

2. Upon any errors on screen, this input field is being disabled inspite of handling chain end chain.

PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT.
  MODULE PBO_100.
  CHAIN.
    FIELD ZTEIHDR-ACCT_PAY_OFR_NAM MODULE CHECK_ACCT_PAY.
  ENDCHAIN.

PROCESS AFTER INPUT.
  MODULE PAI_USER_COMMAND_100.

i have some buttons in application tool bar, so when ever an error is thrown due to those button clicks, this input field is getting disabled.

appreciate if someone can help me out.

Regards,

Simha

Edited by: Simha on Sep 11, 2008 9:42 AM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

i resolved it. as i handled all the code that i put in PAI inside the module for check in chain endchain my both the problems resolved.

Edited by: Simha on Sep 11, 2008 10:06 AM