cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two different pricing procedures at Sales order and Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus

Can I have two different pricing procedures at Sales order and Billing?

If so what are the relevant Config settings required?

I have a requirement where my pricing conditions for one of the two line items should pick different pricing procedure while creating Invoice...How can I achieve this?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

You can have a different pricing procedure for billing doc But your Document pricing procedure of the billing type should be different to that of Document pricing procedure of order type and the same should be assigned in OVKK

Your requirement of picking two items as different prices only in the billing doc can also be mapped by defining two item categories and giving corresponding settings in copy controls and by chosing pricing type B in copy control VTFL

Your requirement can be definately mapped with controls in item category.copycontrols and pricing procedures

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thanks for the replies....its bit strange requirement Iam engaged into:

I have created a sales order with two line items with pric proc 1....when I am creating a billing doc for the same can I have a different pric proc for one of the line items?

What would be the config requirements to do so?

Cheers

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No you cannot have a different pricing procedure for a selected line item in billing.

As already explained, you can have a different document type for that and assign the pricing procedure in OVKK which is applicable at header level and not at item level.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

for two diff item you can have two pricing procedure .

as already said you an have diff single procedure at billing level

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two different pricing procedure can't be used, within a single Sales Order.

This is because your Pricing Procedure gets determined in Sales Order from settings maintained in T. Code: OVKK.

You try to maintain 2 different pricing-procedure of same combination. (It will throw an Error: Target Key must be different from Source Key)

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies friends....

No my requirement is Can i have a different pricing procedure at the time of creating the Billing doc?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can have

for tht doc pricing pro plays vital role , keep diff doc pricing pro. at billing doc level and assign new pricing procedure for this new combination

Sales areacust pri prodoc pri pro(billing type)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the outset, you have not explained as to why you need a different pricing procedure in billing which is normally not recommended.

As you would be aware, you can differentiate the pricing procedure to your sales area by maintaining an alternate pricing procedure either in sale document type (VOV8) or billing document type (VOFA) and in Customer Master.

Since you wanted to have a different pricing procedure in billing, go to VOFA, select your billing type and maintain a value in the field Doc.pric.procedure, which you have not maintained in VOV8.

Create a new pricing procedure in V/08 and assign this pricing procedure in OVKK where there is a combination of sales area, document pricing procedure (it may be sale order type or billing type) and customer pricing procedure.

Since a new pricing will be carried out in billing, you should have the copy control in VTFL where there is a field Pricing Type at item category level.

Now create a sale order, delivery and billing and compare the pricing procedure in sale order and billing. It should have been a different PP.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think two procedures for single sales order is not possible by any means.

You can elaborate what is your requirement of two diff treatment to diff items

Regards

Dhananjay