cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erorr while changing storage location in VL02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz,

Firstly despite the plant+storage location + warehouse no. assignments are done , my replenishment delivery (delivery for stock transport order between plants under same company code) is not picking up storage location and warehouse no and thus stopping me from doing picking and PGI (post goods issue).

However in VL02N when i'm trying to change storage location for line item, i'm getting following weird error

*Error while determining ref.mov.type for WM via Table 156S: 647/ / / /L/ /*

I found a SAP Note(133223) regarding this error and VL02 transaction but that note was specific to older versions. I'm on ECC 6.0

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If tehre is no stock then you can use MB1C to create stock and then VL02N and don't forget to confirm all created TO in the SAP background.

Or you can ask MM guys to create stock....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your tip Sugauli & Sivanand.. it worked....

I increased the stock for my supplying platn/storgage location and PGI worked like a charm...

SAP needs to work on 'Improving the error messages...' ... this particular error msg is a complete crap. i'd rather expect system to complain about say 'stock missing....' instead of giving some garbage error that mvt type does not exists...

anyways thanks for your help guys....

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and later I found that the Stock was finished b/c of which I was not able to confirm TO.

You can use MMBE for checking stock.

And check the storage location and available quantity at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Path to follow:

IMG Settings > Logistics execution > Shipping > Picking > Determine Picking location > Assign Picking locations.

Make sure this is done for your combination.

Also, to activate the combination...

IMG Settings > Logistics execution > Shipping > Picking > Lean WM > Control of assignment "Plant/Stor. Loc.-Whse No."

Make sure your compbination is assigned here as well.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

soumya - I did assign the picking location for my combination. However I noted, if i do this bit, i'm not able to create replenishment delivery from vl10b and erroring with below error. If i remove this assignment, i am able to create the delivery but delivery does not have storage loation. when i tried to change the storage loation in vl02n, i'm getting same below error ...

Error while determining ref.mov.type for WM via Table 156S: 647/ / / /L/ /

Sivanand - Wheni do transfer order, its complaining that storage location is empty when i try to change storage location, as mentioned above, i 'm getting above error....

appreciate any inputs ....

I DID CREATE THE 647 MOVEMENT TYPE ASWELL BUT I'M GETTING SAME ERROR ... Can anyone suggest what control information should go when creating 647 mvt type.....?

Edited by: Kasu on Sep 10, 2008 10:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Wheni do transfer order, its complaining that storage location is empty when i try to change storage location, as mentioned above, i 'm getting above error....

Looking at the error, I guess that stock is notmaintained in the storage loc. Unless stock is there in storage loc & that particular storage bin you cant do the transfer order. So increase the stock in teh storage loc & try again.

Regards,

Sivanand

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to give the movement type for your warehouse

in img-.>logistics execution->shipping->picking>lean warehouse management-->define movement types if you have activated lean warehouse

I think the movement type you will using is 641 pls add that movement type for your warehouse

Pls reply if solved

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mean 647 movement type to becreated against my warehouse ?

If yes could kindly let meknow control information that goes while assigning movement type to warehouse ?

I'm using Lean WM for my warehouse.

thanks

Edited by: Kasu on Sep 9, 2008 4:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Firstly Storage loc determiantion is: Shipping point + Plant + Storage condition(from material master) if it is MALA.

Shipping point + plant+ situation if it is a RETA.

Also check if there is any customized storage location rule determined apart from MALA, RETA & MARE.

Basing on the above logic system will propose the storage loc or allow you to manually change it.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your note. I can confirm that the rule is MARE which means SAP does MALA & RETA determination procedure....

and i'm maintaining storage location as per Shipping point + Plant + Storage condition ....

any suggestions on my error ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Looks like warehouse is active for your plant. Then we need to create a transfer order & then confirm it. Only then picking will be updated. Check if any movement types assigned for movement from one storage bin to another.

Check if the relevant movement types are configured in the warehouse. Take the help of MM guys.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your note sivannad. as i mentioned in my initial problem description , due to this missing storage location and warehouse in my delivery, i am not able to do transfer order and goods issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kasu,

If the thread is answered can you pls close it?

Else pls clarify if you need any further info.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

i havent solved the problem. appreciate your concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What is the error that you get when you try to do transfer order?

For that you need to have the movement types configured & assigned by MM.

Also you have to create storage bins.

Regards,

Sivanand