cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validity period for Chapter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello to everyone,

1) What will happen if I have multiple rates with overlapping validity periods for the same chapter-id and tax indicator?

2) What do I do if I have one chapter-id for incoming and another for outgoing and material code is the same,for same plant.?

Siddharth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth

- Assuming that your first question is about Excise Tax Rate in J1ID, system will consider the duty rates based on the service rendered date. That is in Excise Tax Rate you maintain a validity period upto 31-03-08 with 16% ED and 14% from 01-04-08 to 31-12-9999, for a particular chapter ID and if you generate an invoice in Sep'08,your duty component will be 14%. Alternatively, if you change the Service Rendered Date as 31-03-08, then your duty component would be changed to 16%.

- You are not suppose to have a unique material code for incoming and outgoing as well.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii,

First you need to understand the what is the relevance of Excise Chapter ID -

Chapter ID:

All materials that are required for manufacturing and subsequently those which are manufactured, are classified under the Central Excise Law into chapters. These chapters are further subdivided into headings and subheadings, which together form the chapter ID. Chapter ID 721618.10 is an example.

Chapter ID is a head and this head varios materials are defined and each head has a unique excise rates irrespective of the materil.

Chapter ID is like sections in LAW and each section will tell unique definition.

Rewards if it helps

Regards

Goutham