cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for Releasing Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of a setting in which we can limit the releasing of transports to be only those with your own ID? In other words, we want to keep people from releasing transports of others.

Thanks,

Mary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can control this with authorization object

S_TRANSPRT

for more info check out the documentation on this from transaction SU22

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mary,

Applying hot packs won't change these values. I am using something similarin my system and we apply hot packs twice in a year and have never faced an issue. You can surely go ahead with these settings. Theseare something which are not affected by hot packs.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mary,

The solution for this lies in the authorization object s_transprt. If I am understanding correctly you want the users to be able to create,change and release transport requests and tasks only using their own user ids. By and large the users will need only customizning and workbench requests. Also I assume that they will be allowed access to SE01,SE09 and SE10. So for this create a role having these transactions. Afterwards go to authorization tab and Expert mode for profile generation.

Open the node BC_C and then open the node for s_transprt. Here you will find values "*" assigned to both the activity as wel request field.

Change this authorization object by alowing only activities 01,03 and 43 for request types CUST and DTRA.

After this add one more node of s_transprt( this can be done by pressing the pushbutton "Manually" in the application tool bar. A pop up would come up. Fill up s_transprt here and press enter).

Now in this node assign values 01,02,03,05,06 in the activity field and assign value "TASK" in the Request Type field.

Now you need to ensure that their is no other role that gives authorizations for s_transprt to the concerned users. The lists of all such roles can be found out by using report RSUSR070. Once all such roles have been removed assign this role to the concerned users. This should resolve your issue.

Please let us know if this solution met your requirements and also award points accordingly for the solution.

With Warm Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Our authorization guy ended up taking away access to SE01. We haven't tested it out yet, but he says this is going to work. Apparently he looked into doing something similar to (if not the same as) you have described. But, he told us he would have to monitor these settings everytime we apply hotpacks because the values would be reset. Is this true?