cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create or Copy a payroll function by PE04 ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP - HR Experts ,

How to Create or Copy a payroll function by PE04 .

How to Create a new one or Copy a existing function .

I was facing problem for Indian Payroll .

When i tried to take &zabc name of a Payroll function , then SAVE it Check it and Activate it .

It get an entry to PCASFIN0 .

but Include ZABITNE get inactive , it gives an error special charecter are not allowed .

because system treated '&' as a special charecter .

may u please suggest me that how to create a New Payroll function by with starting name Z****

Like ZNHRA , (taking the code of INHRA) .

It is urgent please ...

Kindly help me out friends ...........

kind regards : rajneesh

Edited by: rajneesh mittal on Sep 9, 2008 3:28 PM

Edited by: rajneesh mittal on Sep 9, 2008 3:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya answered .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

There is no option of copying function as of my knowledge.

The only way we got here is we need to create the new function which must starts with 'Z' or 'Y".

Before we create new function we need to check the standard fucntion take the inputs of it.

Build the function accordingly, give input / output parameters make sure you have activate the fucntion.

Regards

adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi ,

The way u told me , i tried aleady , When i gave name begining with Z.... system gives error that you can't save in Local object , then i try to save it in ZHR package then it gives u2018SAP objects PFCS ZAB01 can not be assigned to ZHRu2019 .

this become dead lock here ...

Plz help me out ...

Regards : rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You must not save that to Local Object that is the reason it not allowing?

If you save in to local object how will transport ?

It is mandatory that you must save to package, Regarding package you need to confirm that whether you have a package with name ZHR or not ?

If the package is there do you have rights to save in to that package or not ?

Please check with you basis person.

Regadrs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adi .

I have a Package ZHR , in which i saved many ABAP reports about HR . It is working fine . It gives Error that : It in ZHR package then it gives u2018SAP objects PFCS ZAB01 can not be assigned to ZHRu2019 .

ZAB01 is name of function which i gave .

May u give me ur mail id so that so that i may send u screen shots ...

Regards : rajneesh

Edited by: rajneesh mittal on Sep 9, 2008 5:31 PM

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you name the custom function starting with 'Z' (i.e. ZAB01), this is within SAP name space (for payroll function / operation); therefore, SAP assumes this is SAP standard payroll function, and will expect that you save the new function in SAP package.

This is why your transport object has value 'PFCS' as versus to 'PFCC' (user-defined function), and would not allow you to save this in custom package 'ZHR'.

You will need to re-name your custom payroll function to have a non alphabet / non-numeric for first character (avoid using '&') .

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir , I tried once more , I gave name ZMNR but again same problem Persists . Again it is giving Error : It in ZHR package then it gives u2018SAP objects PFCS ZMNR can not be assigned to ZHRu2019 .

Please Boss suggest me what to do ....

or send me steps to my id : rajsap77 AT gmail .com

waiting for your reply ...

Regards : Rajneesh

Edited by: rajneesh mittal on Sep 10, 2008 9:12 AM

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't name your custom payroll function 'ZMNR'. As mentioned in earlier post, you will need to name yours with '_MNR' and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted .

I tried the same , but it is not working friend .

may u send me screen shots .????

Kind regards : rajneesh

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you name your custom payroll function, routine name ? And what's the exact error message this time ?

piyush_mathur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeesh,

Could you please help to knwo the step to create the payroll function in PE04.

Thanks

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

USE PE03 to copy an existing feature to a new feature. please let me know if this works.