Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Creating Text Variables to use in BEx Broadcaster

Creating Text Variables to use in BEx Broadcaster OR How to Broadcast reports (Excel output format) and dynamically generate each Excel file name

Hello,

I'm new into posting to this forum, but I always come here when I need some answers and I find them almost everytime.

But now I couldn't find a solution for my problem so I decided that maybe you can help me.

I'm using BEx Broadcaster (I'm working on a SAP BW 7.0, SP17) to broadcast to SAP Portal some Excel files generated from a query.

I use Filter Navigation, because the query provides me with information regarding Sales Orders from all my customers and I need to broadcast an Excel file per customer. This is working perfectly, meaning, with this query I put the Broadcaster generating an Excel file per Customer.

The problem is that I needed that each Excel file had a different name on it.

For example, for Customer1 the Excel file name should be something like Customer1_SalesOrder.xls, for Customer2 it should be Customer2_SalesOrder.xls and so on.

At the present, the Broadcaster generates each Excel file using the technical name of the Query that originated the file. You can use some stardard text variables that broadcaster has available, but these standard text variables don't solve my problem. I needed to create my own Text Variables so I could have the Customer ID on the file name.

Can someone give me a light on this?

Points are obviously awarded.

Thanks,

Cristina

Tags:
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question