cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Text Variables to use in BEx Broadcaster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creating Text Variables to use in BEx Broadcaster OR How to Broadcast reports (Excel output format) and dynamically generate each Excel file name

Hello,

I'm new into posting to this forum, but I always come here when I need some answers and I find them almost everytime.

But now I couldn't find a solution for my problem so I decided that maybe you can help me.

I'm using BEx Broadcaster (I'm working on a SAP BW 7.0, SP17) to broadcast to SAP Portal some Excel files generated from a query.

I use Filter Navigation, because the query provides me with information regarding Sales Orders from all my customers and I need to broadcast an Excel file per customer. This is working perfectly, meaning, with this query I put the Broadcaster generating an Excel file per Customer.

The problem is that I needed that each Excel file had a different name on it.

For example, for Customer1 the Excel file name should be something like Customer1_SalesOrder.xls, for Customer2 it should be Customer2_SalesOrder.xls and so on.

At the present, the Broadcaster generates each Excel file using the technical name of the Query that originated the file. You can use some stardard text variables that broadcaster has available, but these standard text variables don't solve my problem. I needed to create my own Text Variables so I could have the Customer ID on the file name.

Can someone give me a light on this?

Points are obviously awarded.

Thanks,

Cristina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the answers, it has been a while since I posted this question and this requirement was dropped, but thank you for your suggestion anyway.

Anyway, the problem is that in Bex Broadcaster you are not allowed to use, for the filenames, variables except the ones that system provides you...and this is extremely limited. And, apparently, you can not add your own variables to this list of variables that Broadcaster gives you.

But again, thanks for your answer on this. If I ever come across with this problem again, I'll update this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a similar requirement, where I publish my reports on to the SAP PORTAL KM folders.

In my broacast setting for the web templates, I have the fisrt tab called

TARGET in PORTAL

File Name : ReportXX MONTHLY_<MONTH_ID> (F4) List

Currently I use the sys variable <MONTH_ID> which gives me the curr month;

My requirement is

If the report is run in the first week of the month, I want to generate a filename_PREVIOUS MONTH (label) and

if the report is run between 7th-30th of the month then to generate a filename_CURRENT MONTH (label)..

On BI.7 POTAL is it possible using some exit variables instead of the system variable which are given in the F4 List.

If so where do I create the exit variable in BW backend or the PORTAL itself so that I can access it from the F4list of of the filename column.

Thanking you in advance for you time.

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Did you manage to solve this issue?

I encounter a same issue.

Thanks,

Mohamad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your problem sounds interesting, keep it posted if you get any solution on this. Thanks.

natalia_cristiano2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

maybe you can use a pair of variables, one customer exit to provide de file name on base to another variable that contain the customer.

Maybe this helps

Natalia.