cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove empty folders in DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted some of my DCs which were not necessary anymore. They were not checked-in yet so I only had to delete them in my local machine. However, for some reason the root folders of the DCs still show up in the DTR and I'm unable to delete them or sync them. I tried the method described in note 855537 but a message says "Unable to delete <folder name>". There are no items below the folders.

Thanks

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have reverted the activity.

When you create DCs, files, etc. NWDS immediately uploads your current version to the DTR. So, if you then remove the files from your local system, they are still on the server. The only way to get rid of them is by reverting the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

...and then I noticed you were talking about the empty folders...

Folders are not registered by the DTR, the DTR only registers resources in folders and automatically creates the required folder structure for a resource if this structure doesn't exist yet.

Because the folders are actually not registered in the DTR, it cannot delete them. Don't worry though, they will not cause you any problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice. I found a way to get rid of them, by recreating DCs with the same names and reverting the associated activities. After deleting the "_comp" subtree, deleting the root folder and checking-in the deletion activity, the empty folder is gone from the DTR.

Answers (0)