Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locks list for a user session

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a function module or class/method which will give me the list of all locks of a user in the current session and not across all sessions (like transaction SM12). Function modules like ENQUE_READ and ENQUE_READ2 provides the lock list for a user across all sessions but not in the seesion in which the FM is being executed.

Please let me know if you have any information in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

5 REPLIES 5

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lock objects are not session-specific, therefore I find it hard to believe that such function exists. You might want to ask in Basis forum though, this has nothing to do with ABAP.

0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

The question was basically to do with optimistic locking whihc is coming up in the next NW releases and there one needs to differentiate between an optimistic lock by the same user on the same object in different sessions.

I found out that the enqueue function modules themselves can be called with a special mode to check for an optimistic lock in a particular session for a particulat user and hence the list of locks for a session is not required.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

Dont post duplicate thread . Its against the rule of engagement.

If you have got the answer in the previous thraed then close this thread.

Regards,

Sujit

0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Sorry for this. My IE crashed while posting the other thread so I didnt know whether that thread got posted and later I posted the same thing in the ABAP general forum. Thanks for pointing this out.

Best Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Solved it myself. See the reply to one of the answers to this thread.