Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP.Net download and licensing info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully somebody can clarify the following for me,

If I log into and download the SAP.Net connector from the service marketplace:

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/CONNECTORS

Can I start using the connector immediately or do I need purchase a license (i.e. NetWeaver developer license)?

A lot of articles I've read on the subject say it's a free download so just wanted to clarify - thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Yeap, just start using it

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - just that somebody told me I needed to get a NetWeaver developer license so I just wanted to make sure...

Edited by: Simon Copping on Sep 9, 2008 12:24 PM

Edited by: Simon Copping on Sep 9, 2008 12:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

It's always good to mark the thread solved, if your query is resolved.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an article on the web (see below) that suggests it might not be okay to just go ahead and use the connector without having proper license agreements in place first...

1. Do I need a developer license for the SAP .NET Connector?

Developer licenses are always required when SAP development tools and functionality are being used for development.

2. We already use ABAP for development. Do we need additional licenses to use the SAP .NET Connector?

If you have existing developer licenses these named persons already have the required license to develop solutions based on the SAP .NET Connector. If additional persons want to develop based on the SAP .NET Connector, you will have to acquire additional developers licenses for them. In any case, all customers can download the SAP .NET Connector from the SAP Service Marketplace under the Quick Link u201CConnectorsu201D.

3. How can I purchase developer licenses for the SAP .NET Connector?

To obtain the necessary license please contact your local SAP office.

4. Do I need a runtime license for running an application that uses the SAP .NET Connector?

The runtime does not require any immediate license fees. However, please note that each user accessing application functionality through the SAP .NET Connector is required to be licensed under a respective solution or component license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

The information is right.

If you see technically, you need to provide userid/password in .NET Connector to connect to SAP ECC system and do the development. That userid/password must be valid and registered in SAP ECC system.

Apart from that you dont need any other seperate license for using .NET connector.

Well, thats how I interpret the text in your message.

Regards.

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Jitesh is absolutely right.

When performing developement with the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET you will need a user to authenticate against the backend system being used.

The same will also be true if you are using Web Services. The advantage here would be that you would not need to distribute the .NET connector runtime on the client PC's.

In both cases the endusers that are consuming either RFC function modules or Web Services have to have licensed users.

If you are an ISV you should have a look at the SDN article:

Introducing PUL Compliant Certifications

Best regards,

André