cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the need of Message Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I am new to XI but i have involved in XI project. I am having a question like we need DATA TYPE as it contain the whole structure we need MESSAGE INTERFACE as it will say whether the communication is SYN ,ASYN , INBOUND , OUTBOUND or ABSTRACT. But Why we need this MESSAGE TYPE, what is the use of this.Please don't show me the links. I hope there is a specific purpose for MESSAGE TYPE. Help me out to figure out that purpose

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Sreenivasa Lakshminarayana

Edited by: Sreenivasa L on Sep 9, 2008 11:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Message type is the wrapper of data type.

A message type comprises a data type that describes the structure of a message

In XI we are using XML langauge therefore we need a Root element in our message that root element is added by Messagr type means data type is just an abstarct structure and message type add root element to data type

and root element is used in mapping the structures.

hope you get some clue .

Regard's

Chetan Ahuja

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

All the objects you create in IR are as per XML document structure, try to see an XML document your questions will be answered . ( this will have Name space, Mssg interface, Mssgtype(root node) , then the payload ) .

- Satish

ParvathyS_SAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Go through this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelpnw04/helpdata/en/2d/c0633c3a892251e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Parvathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Message type actually contains the DATA OF THE PAYLOAD

in simpler words it can be called as a data container.

regards

kummari

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

_Data types_ are the most basic entity to define the structure of XML elements

_Message type_

-->It describes what the actual payload message of an XI interface will look like.

-->It corresponds to the root of the XML message.

-->Each Xi message type references exactly one Xi data type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The datatype is meant to be "only structure " where as the messagetype is "physical unit comprising the data" of the fields.

Thanks,

Durga

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Interface editor: The Interface editor provides us to create

Data types

Message types

Message Interfaces

Data type: To define the structure or schema as how many fields and what fields are required by the application system. Basically a .XSD file can also be imported in Integration Repository using External Definitions available in Integration Repository. Data types are the abstract in nature that are not fixed to an element.

Message types: A message type is an envelope which encapsulates data type. Message type corresponds to the root of the XML message.

Message interfaces: The basic purpose of message interface is used to define the direction of data flow i.e. whether inbound or outbound.

It also defines the mode of transport whether Synchronous or Asynchronous mode.