cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX Analyzer is not working with SAPGUI 7.10 in BI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP GUI 7.10(SetupAll) with patch level 9 and installed add-on patches as well at client side.i did following steps:

1.Un-installed GUI 6.40 completely

2.Installed Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0(.NET 1.1 also exist)

3.Installed SetupAll.exe

4.Installed latest GUI Patch 9 - gui710_9-10002995

5.Installed add-on patches - bw350gui710_3-10004473 and

bi710sp07_700-10004472

6.Finally installed - office2003-KB907417-FullFile-ENU

Our existing O / Systems are with XP - SP2 and EXCEL with SP3.

Now after installing the above steps in our system - GUI working fine.In BI ,workbooks are not working in RRMX.In EXCEL screen i am getting all necessary tabs.But they are working fine with GUI640.No Issue at all.

It is throwing an error in small pop-up window -->compile error:

cannot find project or library and guiding towards the trace.I understand from the SEARCH CRITERIA in this forums,that most of them got the same problem.But none of them are pointing towards the correct solution(may be i did't get the right one out of it).I have gone through few notes which i got from the forum :1050605,1025122,1013139 & 1013201 .These are all pointing towards the above 6 steps.

I have cleared the logs in Event Viewer and increased the log-size as well.

Please suggest/guide me on what extra job needs to be done to avoid this problem.

Rgds,

Durga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing that's already missing is the J# redistributable package. You might want to check all prerequisites, as they must be fulfilled for the BEx Analyzer to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you pls explain little more about - J# redistributable package and prerequisites which i have missed apart from the above mentioned steps.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For BEx Analyzer to work correctly, the Visual J# libs have to be installed. The .NET components only are not enough.

So what you should install (BEFORE the installation of SAPGUI):

Visual J# redistributable package 1.1

Visual J# redistributable package 2.0 (if you have .NET 2.0).

The latter might not be necessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

Thanq very much for your response.You mean to say -

Visual J# redistributable package 1.1 is different from Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

Visual J# redistributable package 2.0 is different from Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

If you say both are same,then i have installed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 before GUI installation itself as per the requisite.

Pls clarify on this.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Werner,

I have un-installed GUI completely and installed both redistributable packages(1.1 & 2.0) .And after that i have installed GUI7.10 again along with above mentioned patches.

But problem still exits while opening workbooks from BEX Analyzer in RRMX.

Please advise on how to proceed further.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The are different indeed.

One installes .NET libraries, the other J# libraries.

You need both.

So:

1. .NET framework 1.1 + hotfixes (-> should be tackled by the Windows updates)

2. .NET framework 2.0 + hotixes (-> idem)

3. J# 1.1 redistr. package

4. J# 2.0 redistr package (might not be necessary, can't recall).

Edited by: WernerS on Sep 10, 2008 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hllo Werner,

Thanks for your reply.I have installed above 4 steps including fixes before instllalling GUI.But problem still exists.

Please advise.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed the office fix? (OSS note 1050605)

I just looked it up: J# 2.0 is not necessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have thought you only needed the J# if you were using some of the BI java funcitonality.

Also a possiblity is the the SPRO config. There is a option that controls whether Bex 3.5 or 7.0 is to start when RRMX is used. SAP Netweaver / Business Intelligence / Setting for Reporting and Analysis / Set BEx Analyzer Version. This global setting can be overridden at a user level in their Gui profile, and I think in a BEx setting somewhere.

Based on the BI Addon you mention, it sounds like you are only trying to use BEx 3.5 query/wkbks. There is a different BI addons if you are trying to run Bex 7.0 (2004s), there's one for the 7.10 gui and another one for the 6.40 gui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Werner,

Yes,I have installed thementioned Fix - office2003-KB907417 as per Notes : 1050605(Solution-3) and 1025100.

Still same problem exits.....unable to proceed further...pls advise...

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the possibilities in SPRO(3 radio buttons) as per the mentioned path with respect RRMX.But problem still exists.

I am using both Add-ons - bw350gui710_3-10004473 & bi710sp07_700-10004472 after installing SetupAll.exe.Both of them are latest onee for SAP GUI7.10.

Please advise.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you run the Bex-check?

You'll find it in C:\Program Files\common files\SAP shared\BW\sapbexc7720.xla

Also, checking the tracefile might give you a clue.

The tracefile:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERID>\Local Settings\Temp\BW\Analyzer\Traces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Durga,

Did find solution for your issue. I am also facing the same issue on some machines.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what version of excel r u using.If the workboooks were created in 2003 excel and then they wont open.

Check this

this might help you

Edited by: srinivas reddy on Sep 10, 2008 10:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we are using Excel 2003 only,it was one of the requirement for GUI7.10.Unable to open mentioned Blog.

Pls advise.

Rgds,

Durga