cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Favorites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after I have executed a query in the portal, I want to save the query in the portal favorites. That works. But it does not create a link, like it is if I use option from context menu "Add to portal favorites".

If I open the "link" from the portal favorites, the query is opened in the portal content area. But I want that the query is opened in a new window.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Christof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

I didnt tried this but what i feel is you can choose the property Open in New Window of favorite iview. You can find favourite iview in Framework -> inner page.

But this will make all the portal favorite links to open in new window.

If you found any other alternate please let me know.

Regards

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII

We can try out this for particular group of user.

Suppose i have created a new default page ( By copy and by doing change id from Content provide by SaP) and .

Open desktop inner page .

click on properties of Portal fav.

and activate the Open in new window properties.

Assign this new default page to a new desktop and then throuh master rule collection assign it to users.

Hope it will wrk.

Thanks.

Rewards r welcome.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I realized that the query is saved as a page. And the page is opened in the content area.

I still do not know why this page has been created.

Thanks,

Christof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chrostof,

The Portal Favorites iView is part of the Knowledge Management installation and is integrated into the portal through the portal framework page. When the relevant properties are set:

1) The iView appears in the navigation panel

2) Both the page title bar Options menu and the context menu of the Detailed Navigation iView display an Add to Portal Favorites item, allowing users to store links to favorites.

With the above, you see the reason why Portal Favorites Iviews are link as a page (portal framework page). More info about Framework Pages.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1e/62eae2357c4596bda2476d0a6503e3/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

by now we're using standard BEx Web iView.

So how can I change the hosting of BI reports?

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that while publishing a query of BI in portal you are creating Bex iview in a PCD, If that's the case you can change the property of the iview its not going to disturb standard iview properties.

regards

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

Hi Mayank

thanks for your help.

I tried this before but it does not have any effect.

Only a real link, added to portal favorites through context menu entry "Add to Portal Favorites" are opened in a new window.

All the other favorites are opened in the content area. In the page title bar it shows me the description BEx Web. So I think I have to adjust the iView BEx Web?

But this is a standard object and I don't want to change it. So how can I copy it and use it?

Thanks & Regards,

Christof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

Can you check one thing if we change the property of Bex iview which is hosting your BI report(not the standard one) to Open in new window is that helping us.

regards

Parth