cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing In Opening Balance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have to change in opening balance of an item, could it possible if yes then how.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could use good issue to change the opening balance only if you want to do that with above 100 items if not, you could use inventory transactions --> initial quantity, inventory tracking and inventory posting.

After issued all the wrong opening balance, you post the new orrect opening balance using good receipt.

Rgds,

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Sharma,

If you mean that you have to update the quantity in stock for an item you can you the option under Management - stock transactions - Initial quantity, stock tracking.

If the item is new and some quantity must be enter you can use the initial quantity. If there is quantity in stock already but you know that it is wrong (for example becuase you make a stock count in the warehouse) then you can you sthe stock tracking.

When it is finished, the third tab, stock posting, can be used. In this way, you will record the variation both in the stock and in the account.

Kind Regards,

Marcella Rivi

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is problem in opening value not in opening stock. The quantity of item is ok but i have to make changes in value.how it will be possible.

Regards

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

in order to increase/decrease the value of your stock, you may use the material revaluation functionality:

Inventory -> Inventory Transactions -> Inventory Revaluation

OLH 2007:

If your company runs a perpetual inventory system, you might need to perform inventory revaluation. Revaluation can be performed with any of the supported valuation methods (Moving Average, Standard ,FIFO).

You can revaluate inventory values by:

Changing price for a specific item.

The inventory price is changed and inventory value is recalculated according to the new price.

Changing the value of a specific quantity of inventory.

The quantity of inventory remains unchanged, resulting in a change in the price.

When inventory is subject to FIFO control and there are items in the FIFO layer, an inventory debit or credit results in a posting to the inventory account. If the FIFO layer is empty, the posting goes to the price difference account.

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin,

Thanks for your suggestion.Can you tell me one more thing that what and where will be it empact in account.

Regards

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

just as an example:

I have a quantity of 10098 items in stock at an item cost of 99.739642 each, I manage my item by MAP.

The balance of my stock account is 1019503.12.

I now revaluate all these items to an item cost of 90.

The resulting JE will decrease the stock account by the delta of 98350.90 (99.73964210098 - 9010098) using the decrease account as offsetting account, leaving me with a stock account balance of 921152.22.

You can determine which decrease/increase account to use in the revaluation window.

All the best,

Kerstin

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Just to give you an overview, the Inventory account will have a counter effect on one of the Cost accounts defined in the Cost of Sales drawer depending on the Inventory transaction.

Therefore when you Revaluate the inventory (depending on whether it is Increase / decrease in value) the Gain/Loss Material Revaluation account will get affected.accordingly.

If your Items current cost is Rs. 10 and you revaluate it to Rs.12, this indicates a gain and therefore

Inventory account will be debited and Gain/Loss Material Revaluation account will be credited.

and when you revaluate to Rs. 8 the

Inventory account will be credited and Gain/Loss Material Revaluation account will be debited.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can we Used group wise in PLD. I want to show items group wise in PLD. Can somebody help me

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Jai