cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete loop in leave request workflow (WS12300111)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the ESS Leave Request, we are using the standard workflow WS12300111. In case the leave request is "rejected", the workflow uses the loop "Requester to process again" and it goes to the step "Process Request by Employee".

We don't want to go into the loop again and have the employee process the leave request again. In case the leave request is rejected, we want to send a mail to the employee and put the workflow to status "completed".

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks, Gilles.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The solution for this is better to generate a new version of the standard WF template. That can be done by selecting the menu

SWDD->give the WF template number->workflow menu->Generate version.

In the new version Delete the loop step. Put a decision step after the approval step. Use the same workflow container which was used for the loop step in th decision step. If the request is rejected then the container would have appropriate value . Based on the value the flow goes.

The mail step can be inserted in the rejection side .

I think this would help you.

Thanks,

Sarayoodharan.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This was indeed what I thought would be the appropriate solution. The problem is that if I want to delete the loop, the system automatically deletes all the steps in the loop which means the entire workflow. Is there a good way to avoid this and still have the loop deleted?

Thanks, Gilles.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the solution by cutting the two blocks and pasting them above the start of the loop. In such a way, you can delete the loop without deleting the other blocks since the loop is empty.

Kind regards, Gilles.