cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of non-existent stock in MB1A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of our users attempted to cancel a production order. Some stock (2 way batch split) for a particular halb material was showing as committed in the production order components view. This stock was not showing in MMBE. The user used MB1A and movement type 262 twice, one for each split of 20 and 3126 Kg respectively. Each time, the production order reference, storage location and batch was entered. No problem so far. The stock came back into unrestricted in MMBE, everything ok.

Now, apparently during this process, the user entered the wrong material in MB1A one time. The halb material that was supposed to be reversed was NSHL0003. But instead NSHL0013 was mistakenly entered for 3126 Kg. What is surprising is that the system allowed this, generated a material document and posted the stock in unrestricted. So in MMBE the system is now showing 3126 Kg of stock for NSHL0013 that does not exist. This material (NSHL0013) was not even used in the production order. So how did the system make this posting, given that the production order reference was given.

The problem is that material NSHL0013 is now showing an additional quantity of 3126 Kg of stock in unrestricted that does not exist and should not be there. I need to know how this was possible and more importantly, how to get rid of the extra stock.

Interestingly, I was able to recreate this scenario on our dev server. I took a random production order, a random halb material that was not used in that production order and used MB1A to post a 262. I entered the storage location and batch for the halb as viewed with MMBE. The system let me post and generated a material document. When I checked, sure enough, the extra stock was appearing in MMBE as unrestricted with the same Sloc and against the same batch number.

I don't understand how this is possible and how can I reverse it. If I do a write-off using 562 to clear the extra stock, what will the impact of this be? GLs hit? Financial impact? If anyone can provide a proper solution and and an explanation I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Khan,

This is one of the major issue with Movement type 262.People sometimes reverse more qty then the issued qty or different material.But still there is no identical solution is found for this except User Exit or Conrol over 262 Movement type.

Now come to your problem.

Cancel that material document by using T.code MBST.

No need to cancel all the line items of thus document. Just select the line item of wrong material and press save button.

Regards,

Dhaval

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try cancelling the material document that created the inventory?

Craig