cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation not been pulled through on delta of 0FI_AA_11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help... We are currently running assets, I am loading in the correct sequence. I run the initialisations and can pull through the delta's. The only problem is that when I run the initialisation of 0FI_AA_11 I pick up the depreciation values, but when I run the delta I pick up nothing. So we are currently having to re-initialise every month which is a huge mission as we have large volumes of data. Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Lynn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we also had troubles with fiaa_11 but those were more on the masterdata delta side.

suppose you are using BW 3.x?

are you getting real records in your delta load?

and how do you calculate your key figures? add/overwrite?

and are the key fields equal for all the key figures?

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are all the deprecation runs finished correctly?

Have you checked the deprecation logs - eg BW will only pull depreciation for fully complete runs - if youhave minor errors in the run (eg posting to different deprecation areas) - BW will not pull the data even though 99% of the R3 journals have been posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Simon ! !!!,

I will go back and check with the Assets people. I have been arguing this point for some time as once before we recieved the depreciation with a long delay and I have been trying to find out what is causing this delay. Now I have some point of refence.

The strange thing is though if we run an initialisation it picks up the depreciation...

Will get back to you.

Thanks again

Lynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silly question - you are running the GL4 extractor first before your assets process chain aren;t you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...

I have just spoken to our assets person and he said that unless you fix the errors the postings will not go through to GL.

I have set the parameter BWFIAASIM to 2 as they do not want simulation and I have asked them to rerun depreciation. I have checked the table BWFIAA_AEDAT_TR and there is no entries in this table. My understanding is that this is where the delta's are read from..

L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - rereading this are you sure you are running the right extractor?

0FI_AA_12 is for deprecation only and reads the data from ANLP unless you do an init

0FI_AA_11 is for all other on line (ie not periodic) asset transactions from ANLC/ANEP/ANEA for new and changed records that rare read from BWFIAA_AEDAT_TR

It also reads the init data for deprecation and the year end rollover values

Now the dates are run on a from and to date based on the high and low timestamps in the BWOM2_TIMEST table

These from and to dates are set by the 0FI_GL_4 extractor in accordance with the tiem this extractor is run and the BWFISAFETY and BWFIOVERLA settings in BWOM_SETTINGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thank you so much for the reply it really is helpfull. I have picked this up from someone who has subsequently left and now am responsible for solving this. The 0FI_AA_12 was not working which we have now manged to get going. Once I found the problem I went onto SAP to try find reading on this and as usuall it is not too helpfull. I have set up the entire process in Development and will run a test now..

Thanks once again..

Will let you know.

LYnn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thank you so much you have sorted our problem out. I have rerun the entire process in our development system and it is spot on. Thanks once again - there was a lot of pressure on this....

Lynn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we are getting meaningful data, we get everything other than the depreciation run. I have changed the indicator on the BW0M_SETTINGS and am going to re run the depreciation and see if it then updates in the delta table...

We are on BW 7.

Thanks

Lynn