cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-period flexible upload BCS 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDNers,

I'm facing difficulties to upload several periods for a single company with only one flexible upload file. I know that it is possible with EHP2 and that several messages were posted on SDN.

A few additional details would be appreciated.

Let me sum up quickly the steps I have followed:

As a prerequesit, we have activated the multi-period functionality and created our consolidation cycle.

1- Creation of a flexible upload for reported data

2- Creation of a method: selection of Pres serv and Log file + "SEMBCS_FILE" entered in File Name

3-Creation of the task

4- In t-code FILE: logical file path def > SEMBCS_PATH > assignment to UNIX > physical path: c:\temp\<FILENAME>

5- Logical file name def > SEMBCS_FILE > <PARAM_1>.txt

Then I execute in ucwb in test mode the task with a file containing several periods and called UNIT1.txt.

As a result, it only takes the data with the same period/year as in the global parameters. The rest is ignored.

There is probably something missing in this step by step. Your help would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Thibaud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem. Try implementing the following notes:

0001160672 File name not transferred from Customizing

0001101804 Can't auto execute upload methods with file from local

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no experience at this but have read that in the monitor there is a placein the parameters to define the multiple periods to be processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback Dan.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance

Thibaud

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a presentation form SAP regarding enhancement package 2 consolidation functionality that shows this in detail. I suggest you serach SAP Marketplace for this.

If you send me an email I will try to send you a screen image of what the presentation shows.

Edited by: Dan Sullivan on Sep 9, 2008 10:00 AM