cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including BO subobjects as attachments in WF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I'm currently having problems with attachments in workflow, when using objects of type BUS2007. What I'm trying to do is to let the reciever view both the order (which is the 2007 object), as well as the associated notification (which is the aggregate 2080 object).

The WF builder does not let me add the subobject to the ad-hoc container in the binding dialog, which led me to think I probably would have to extract the notification in a container operation. I can't seem to get this to work, though.

Can anyone give me some leads on either a more intelligent way of doing this, or alternatively how to extract the subobject via the business object macros.

Thanks in advance!

-- Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Your original approach is correct. Some people may not like ad-hoc containers, I find them quite useful but that's just a matter of preference.

> The WF builder does not let me add the subobject to the ad-hoc container in the binding dialog, which led me to think I probably would have to extract the notification in a container operation. I can't seem to get this to work, though.

What would help is more details on why exactly it doesn't 'let you add the subobject'. An error message perhaps?

Something to bear in mind if you use ad-hoc containers is to change your binding to append to table (click on the arrow between the bindings). Otherwise one binding will overwrite the other.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not a big fan of the Ad-Hoc Object container element so what typically do is add a new containter element to the Standard Task Container. Its type would be the same Object Type as the Aggregate. If necessary make it Multi-Line and of course, set its Import flag.

Then, in your Workflow Template, bind the Aggregate attribute to the new Container Element of the Standard Task.

BTW, Creating a method to export the Aggregate is a favorite style of mine and I don't see why your code doesn't work. Is Multi-Line useage consistent? If its Multi-Line then the macro would be SWC_SET_TABLE (apologies if you already know this).

I hope this is applicable to your situation and if so, helps.

Tom Carruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip, and thanks for your answer!

Why do I need the object key? I'm from a C++/Java/C# background, and would basically assume that I just copy the subobject and return it to the task?

When trying the following code, I get an error telling me that the target structure has a different number of fields compared to the source object. Both are of type BUS2038.

data: notification type SWC_OBJECT.     " Generic object type?

SWC_GET_PROPERTY SELF 'Notification' notification.

SWC_SET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'MyObject' notification.

Should this not fill my method object variable and make it possible to return the notification to the flow?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by: Mikael Roos on Sep 9, 2008 1:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use SWC_GET_OBJECT_KEY to retrieve the key field of the BO attribute if you require it otherwise if you can go with the Business Object you can do it. Here anyways you have a single key hence you will get the object Key from the Business Object attribute

)

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried what you said and whatever you coded gives me the wflow container element of BO type Notification. And, If you maintain a container element of BO type Notification in the task where you want this sub-object to be a link(Under Obj & Attchs. of SBWP), then simply binding the BO types of Notif. in Wflow container and your task container will place a link there in the SBWP.

But, when i clicked on that link, it is supposed to execute the default method of the sub-object, which it DIDN'T.

But, for executing the default method thru' this link, the user needs to have the auth. for SSC0(This issue i faced with some users not able to do this and then we did SU53 and after giving the auth, they were able to click the link and get to the document /notif/ order DISPLAY mode).

So, probably, if you get to this issue and fix as above, you should be able to achieve your requirement.

Hope this helps

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Macros

SWC_GET_PROPERTY to extract the Business object

and then use Macro

SWC_GET_OBJECT_KEY to retrieve the object key of the Business Object.

Thanks

Arghadip