cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Price Control from S to V with Material ledger active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to change price control for particular materials from S to V. However, I have Material Ledger active and these materials have Price Determination set as "3" (single and multilevel).

Is it possible to change price control indicator for these materials from S to V and which steps should be made to achieve this.

Some of these materials have stock and movements registered in Material Ledger in previous periods, and some of them have zero stock. Will there be a problem for the materials with movements posted?

The materials I want to modify are not used in production, and therefore I don't need multilevel rollup of variances.

Best regards,

Karol

Edited by: Karol on Sep 9, 2008 10:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can change the price control via TA CKMM. But this does have serious implications on material ledger - see SAP note 384553. The question is why you want to change the price determination? If the reason is a price change, you might want to review the possibility of "Late Price Change" as per SAP note 555176.

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer,

I would like to change S to V for these particular materials, as they are not used in production. Their purchase prices may vary very much and they are often issued to cost centers. I don't want to have revaluation at actual prices on cost centers in Material Ledger - so I would prefer to have moving average price.

Would CKMM have serious consequences also for materials with price determination 3 but without stock and movements? Most of the materials I would like to change Price determination from 3 to 2 have no stock.

If I can change price determination from 3 to 2 for materials without stock without any risk, then I thougth that all remaining materials with stock would be left as they are. I would create new indexes for them with Price determination 2 and MAP and do the transfer of stock to them. Do you think it is a better idea, than to do the changes in CKMM?

Regards,

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

No problem for materials without stock. Indeed it isnu2019t a problem for materials with stock either, as long as you do not intend to switch back to S3 again.

But I would advise to ensure that you are either on a relative high SAP_APPL level or check for CO-PC-ACT SAP notes relating to CKMM as there where some program bugs that prevented the deletion of all ML data when a material is switched from S3 to V2.

Regards

Karl

Answers (0)