cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on doing Labels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experienced people,

I need to do a label, where all the items to print on the label, is from User input, and I need to save it to a database table.

I thought of creating a dialog screen to get the input, then save it to the DB with "INSERT", and then print the label from that.

Would that be the best way of doing it, or does anybody have a better, more simplified way to do this?

I also need to put a number underneath a barcode, which is supposed to be vertical, to the right of my label.

Tips will be much appreciated.

Regards

Ryno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now designed the Label in Smartforms - very proud of my achievement. Get user input in a Dialog Screen, then saved to DB and printed. Just my Bar Code which does not print as it is shown in the Print Preview.

Thanks all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that table a Ztable or Standard table.

If it is Ztable Update or MOdify is better option.

If it is standard one, better to go for BDC.

We can create Bar codes in SE73 transaction code.

While creating ifself you can make the bar code as vertical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a ztable. I also struggle to save the data, as I have one field that can duplicate on entries. I tried INSERT DB FROM ITAB ALLOWING DUPLICATE KEYS. COMMMIT WORK AND WAIT. - but still not working correctly.

I'm not even sure if the duplicate entries is the problem. I save one line to the DB, then I can't add another one when i repeat the process.

Edited by: Ryno Potgieter on Sep 9, 2008 10:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the primary key in that table?

Use Update or Modify table is the best option.

Go and check cardinality also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made it only MANDT, as the others can all duplicate. Will modify and update not just change a current linein the DB? I have to be able to store a lot of say Production No 1000021 - for reprints of the labels. So I tried to illeminate as much key fields as possible.