Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-bit unsigned integer data type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have one maybe stupid question

We are doing integration with sap and I need to create some tables. I need some fields with 64-bit unsigned integer.

I need it to maintain seq.controled counters. What data type in sap corresponds to 64bit u-int or 32-bit u-int? Or I have to use another data type?

thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on your byte size, perhaps INT4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

As I understood from SAP BOL, INT4 is 32-bit with sign. does sap have 4-byte unsigned data type?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP doesn't have unsigned 4-byte integer as a type.

You could use Data type RAW. E.g. domain RAW4, gives you 4 bytes of uninterpreted binary data. If your byte length is 16, then that's 64 bit. It'd be a bit of not very difficult work to convert this to a number at the application level.

You'd have to work a bit to convert that data type into an integer at app level. Why particularly must your counter be an unsigned 4-byte integer. Why not, e.g. a packed decimal with 0 dp?

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paket decimal? ok. I supposed that low level operations with integer data type are faster

I know how OS stack works with unsigned integer and with signed bit+floating point

Could I use packet decimal without any problems with system performance?