cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor print quality in Xcelsius 2008 when using the Xcelsius Print Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with the quality of the printout of a SWF . The quality differs a lot depending on which print command that is used.

- When the SWF animation is printed using the flash print function (right click on the animation and choose Print) the result is a printout with high quality.

- When the SWF animation is printed using the print button in Xcelsius the result in a printout with low quality.

How is it possible that the quality differs so much between the two printout functions and is there a way of getting better quality output when using the Xcelsius Print Button?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone from Xcelsius found a resolution for this issue?

Edited by: Pete Neokratis on Dec 22, 2008 5:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been filed as an enhancement request f or a future release. However since first priority is to fixing bugs, increasing print resolution may not happen until second half of 2009. Hopefully one of the other suggestions on this thread will work for you. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Andy

Xcelsius QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

We are in the second half of 2009 and SP 2 was released not long ago and as far as I could tell from the Release Notes this "bug" still remains.

Could you give an estimation when you think that the quality of the print will be improved.

Kind Regards,

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering if this "printing" of the dashboard was possible with Xcelsius 4.5. Essentially we are looking for a way to be able to print a dashboard display from within InfoView, without having to export the XLF to PDF.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, one simple workaround is to use the "Print Screen" functionality of the Operating System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

That's an interesting observation. I tried both options myself and found the following:

1) When the Flash print function is used, the text print quality is definitely much better, as if the printer fonts are applied, whereas the Xcelsius print button component seems to apply a lower quality pixelated/bitmapped font;

2) When the Flash print function is used, not all graphics/backgrounds are rendered correctly. For example, button components show a black background and the icon component is blank. On the other hand, the Xcelsius print button component renders all graphics clearly and correctly.

So, the issue appears to be related to the way font rendering is handled with the Xcelsius print button component. Perhaps Business Objects could post a comment about this?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reports. I've seen the right click > print problem before. I've also gone ahead and written a report for the graphic quality issue.

Javier Jimenez

QA, Xcelsius