cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Response from RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing RFC to File. I could generate the FILE successfully. But I am not getting Response from RFC. I am getting empty payload. I am doing with out BPM. I did succesfully File-RFC-File. but here RFC is the sender. I have some doubts in defining Interface mapping and Message Mapping. Is this a Syscronous scenario by default ?

If I want to get the resonse of RFC to a file. How many Receivers and Senders do i need to create?

Regards,

Varun

Edited by: Varun on Sep 9, 2008 1:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This is an async scenario. This is SENDER RFC to FILE.

Please follow the blogs below:

Thanks,

Durga

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi varun,

1)All RFC are not synchronous by nature...It depends on the type of RFC you wish to work is synchronous or asynchronous.

2) While working with RFC to file scenario.If you expect the Response the file server should send you the response...

3)You also need to verify that you have proper Data types,message type and Message interface created in Integration repository.

NOTE:the rfc acts as message Interface by default you don't need to create an interface for RFc since it is imported from SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

check your program in sender SAP box, whether it is returning any values.

You can handle empty files by File adapter settings.

- Satish

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not expect a response from a file server automatically even your RFC is waiting for response. You need to use bpm for this and use Sync Async Bridge. Search the forum, you will get lot of blogs on this topic.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Map Rfc.response to the File; hence rfc sender adapter and file receiver adapter..one sender n 1 receiver.Remember:

1. In the report that makes the call to XI , make sure that you use call RFC in a background task.

2. Make sure you use Commit Work at the end of the report.

Follow:

Also pls visit

for the same scenario.

Thanks,

Durga

Edited by: NagaDurga Nannapaneni on Sep 9, 2008 10:55 AM

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with import & export parameters weather function is working properly or not in SE37 . Every RFC function have export and export parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For the Scenario File-RFC-File u need to do through BPM

Use Asynch-Synch Bridge

- File to RFC

Regards,

Jayasimha JAngam

varun_k
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasimha Jangam,

Thanks for your reply. I am doing RFC to File Scenario with out BPM.

Regards,

Varun