cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank space in the report detail section

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have data for ten columns and after that i am getting a blank space, so my report is scrolling to right side without any data.How shall i remove the blank space.Any suggestions.For one more i am getting this only at the second page (Detail section)

Regards,

Rajasekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Ask the external application to fix there application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the section (more than likely the Detail section) set to Format with Multiple Columns and (in the Layout Tab of the section expert) set to Down then Across?

If you do have it set to Down then Across - try setting it to Across then Down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James for the reply,but i am not getting it correctly.

I have a year column which is the last column in my detail section.If i don't get any value for that year column then i am not getting these blank space at the right side of my report.If i have value for the year column then i am getting blank space double the times to my report detail section.

Any suggestions

Regards,

Rajasekar

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this occurring in Crystal Reports? or Enterprise or other? or are you exporting the report?

If this is occurring in Crystal Reports then;

1) What happens if you try a different printer driver or set it to No Printer?

2) Replace the database field with a formula similar to

if isnull( ) then '' else

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this option but it is not working,I am using Crystal XI and I am printing the report from an external application.when i click the link of my report after providing the necessary details in the application i am getting this blank space.

Thanks,

Rajasekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekar

Please do the following steps:

1. Click on Report Menu -> Section Expert.

2. Select Details -> Check Suppress Blank Section

3. You can suppress the blank sections for other sections also by selecting them one by one.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this option already but of no use,still i am getting the blank space.Any suggestions

Regards,

Rajasekar