cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Internet Service can be reached without SICF element?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I create a Z Internet service in SE80 without any SICF element points to it. But when testing in web, system can sitll find it and run well. How does it work? Why no SICF service but system can still find it? Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to search it in SICF and no found. But it still can work, so it confused me a lot.

And which confused me a lot is that when publish the service it doesn't work untill immediately but work well after 24 hours....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to update, I created a ITS application and it did not generate a SICF entry. I guess this needs to be completed manually. I am not sure what the problem is in your case.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

When any web/service related object is created in SE80, ( I have seen this with BSP, ABAP WebDynpro etc) the system will automatically generate a new entry in SICF. Thats the reason you are able to get this service active. I believe this should hold good for ITS application as well. Probably you can search for the newly created z service in SICF, and you should be able to get that.

Regards

Kathirvel