cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the XML in Word 2007 (Word Template)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am new on CRM 2007 and i have a problem with the XML Structure of the Word Template.

First i built a Web Service Design Tool. Then i saw on the Testpage, that it works.

So i started the Document Templates and created a new Template. Object Type was BUS2000126 - CRM Business Activity. Web Service was my created and tested Web Service Tool.

As i opened the Word 2007 with the XML-Structure, i recognized, that there was something wrong.

The Responce on my Testpage from the Web Service Tool had the following structure:

response (test.types.p1.CrmostZlaWord5ReadResponse)

Output (test.types.p1.CrmostZla010RoszlaWord5001)

ZlaWord5 (test.types.p1.CrmostZla010Rosbtorder)

Administrativeheaderoforder (test.types.p1.CrmostZla010Rosbtorderhea001)

Partiesinvolvedofheader (test.types.p1.CrmostZla010Rosbtheaderpa001)

Allpartiesinvolved (test.types.p1.CrmostZla010Rosbtpartnera002[]) Displaying 3 elements of 3

element1 (test.types.p1.CrmostZla010Rosbtpartnera002)

Btpartneraddress (test.types.p1.CrmostZla010Rosbtpartnera001)

My Problem is now, that the XML-Structure got not that point "element1".

Instead of "element1" there is the point "item" in my XML-Structure in Word 2007.

I guess that is the Problem why i am not getting the fields of the Btpartneraddress filled in my Word.

Can anyone help me? Or put me in the right direction that i can change the XML?

Thanks for your help

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello André!

You can not see field names or field values in MS Word?

Best regards,

Artur Litvinov.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artur,

i see all the fields in MS Word equal to my tested Web Service Design Tool. The Problem is - as i described - that the fields are not filled. So the values are not there.

Greetings André

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, see my previous post, this is the solution to your problem.

Xavier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi andré, I guess the issue is coming from the fact that you selected "AllPartiesInvolved" and that may contain any numbers of entries. So when you test your webservice, you put a key and then get a result for that key, and in that case you might get "element1" until "element3" for example if there was 3 partners involved in you activity.

But, when you design your template, you don't have a key at that moment, so in the Web Service structure, you have "items" which stands for all the possible entries you might retrieve at runtime. I guess you could use an index in your template to specify which item you need, but this is quite hasardeous, so i would be you, I would not design my web service to use "AllPartiesInvolved" but rather a specific Partner type like contact person for instance.

Regards,

Xavier