Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message not displaying in print command

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a smart form, in the driver program it is selecting data from some of the tables if not found it will issue an message and terminate the process ie, will not print the form.

This form has been configured in standard where there is option to chose print or print priview.

All works fine when print privew is selected but when print is selected it directly go to the spool even in the case when select statment fails, ideally it sholud issue a message and should not go to spool however in the spool it has nothing to print and fails but what I want is it should not go to the spool even, when the select statment fails.

Regards

Bikas

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bikas,

Generally you would have the select statement before calling the smartform. I mean you will select the required data in to variables or internal tabn\le and then pass it to the smartform for display.

What you could do is, After your select statement, check for SY-SUBRC and if it is not equal to 0, give an error message which would stop the program from porcessing further.

Best Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos

that is exactly what I m doing but I think the problem is the driver program is called form the satandard, and while it is called by the print command the driver program behaves like background program I even used the FM : POPUP_to_confirm but it does not show any popup

Here I would like to include it shows popup ans works fine while called from print privew