cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of a customer group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a customer group.Navigated to spro->crm->master data->Business partner->define attribute->define customer group,selected define customer group and see two customer group already exist.

How do we associate BPs to these customer group.

My objective is to have data(customer group) in sales tab when we select role for a BP as sold to party.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please let me know if you are talking about

Customer Group 1 in sales tab in CRM.

In CRM, the Customer Group field is available in the Billing Tab which gives the value, after selecting the role as Sold to Party and choosing the maintained sales area for the same.

If you are talking about R/3, then you need to maintain customer group in spro - Sales & Distribution - Master Data - Business Partners - Sales - Define Customer Groups.

Hope I have answered your question.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Arun Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

yes i am talking about Customer Group 1 in sales tab in CRM.(after selecting role as sold to party)

I see two entries industry and retail in Billing tab -customer group but no values in Sales tab. Could you please explain in detail how to maintain customer group in sales tab. Is it somewhere related to account hierarchy.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You need to maintain the Customer Group1 values in the path - Tcode SPRO - CRM -> Master Data -> Business Partner -> Define Attributes -> Define Customer Group - Select Customer Group1 .

Since I am a technical person, I am not sure whether it is related to Account Hierarchy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Arun Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Do you have any idea what these many customer group are for (customer group 1,customer group 2,customer group 3,customer group 4,customer group 5).

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The customer group is defined in the master data for the sold-to party. Indicates a certain group of customers, defined for pricing and statistical purposes (for example, wholesale or retail trade).

You can define up to five different customer groups, depending on your company's particular requirements.

For example, if your company is in India, then

Customer Group 1 - This group can be maintained regional wise - Northern Region India, Southern Region India.

Customer Group 2 - This group can be maintained place wise - Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai

Customer Group 3 - This group can be maintained Turnover and Non Turnover discount sale wise - Non TOD, TOD

Similarly depending upon the other characteristics like billing, bank, etc. the customers can be grouped and that can be maintained as Customer Group 1, 2, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Arun Sankar.