Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ME21N Material group level authorization is not working in ECC 6.0

Dear Security Experts,

We have created a role Z_ME21N with one Tcode ME21N. The role has to restrict users in the material group level.

For that, we added Authorization object M_MATE_WGR.

1. When we are trying to add field values for {M_MATE_WGR, BEGRU}, generally it should show me the list possible values to be used based on the MM configuration related to Material Authorization Group. We have correctly configured the authorization groups from V_TBRG for M_MATE_WGR. But itu2019s not showing any possible values.

2. However we are able to add values manually, but I guess these are not being considered during authorization check and our restriction on Authorization group level in ME21N is not working.

Test Scenario: We have manually added values 005,007,009,010,013 (which is pointing to specific material group) to BEGRU of M_MATE_WGR. We already assigned this Authorization Object to role Z_ME21N and this role has been assigned to u2018testuseru2019, but the authorization check with the M_MATE_WGR authorization group is not happening. It allows operations on all the material groups.

Anybody came accross same scenario?

SAP Prodcut version : ECC 6.0

Database : SQL Server 2005

Support pack level : 15

Please share your views, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abu Sandeep

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question