cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics in Planning object structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When we create any Master Planning object structure ( MPOS)we see characteristics at right side of MPOS from where we have to select the required characteristics to left side and then these characteristics would be a part of our MPOS.

My question is from where these characteristics comes from. I looked at RSA1 and it seems they comes from there but some of them comes from unassigned nodes and some from Info providers.

Could any one tell me the logic of the characterists that appears while creating MPOS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Some characteristics that come with standard Master Planning object structure ( MPOS) will be availabe on RSA1 in info object in unassigned nodes .When you activate MPOS it will be created .

characteristics that you have created manaully can be seen as assigned.It is created under infoarea when you define any characteristics or keyfigure.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

These all are characteristics Info Objects not Time or Unit Characteristics Info Objects. Just go in to Transaction RSD1. Select Characteristics radio button in Type.

Then click on Radio button Info Objects & press "F4", you will find the list of Charactiristics info object. The same characteristics will appear on right hand side while creating MPOS.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujay,

Thanks for your help.

I just want to understand the differences in characteristics that I see in RSD1 and I see in RSA1 ( assigned and un-assigned nodes both).

In RSD1 do we all characteristis that we see in RSA1.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Mukesh

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RSA1 is the main transaction for BW Workbench.

Characteristics (kind of Infoobjects) listed there can be maintianed using RDS1.

As for Unassigned nodes - any characteristic that is not assigned to other InfoAreas are listed here.

Any characteristic or for that matter infoobject (keyfigure, time characteristic etc.) assigned to some InfoArea drops out from the Unassigned Characteristics node.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath ,

Thanks for your help.

Please correct me if I am wrong. All standard characteristic and all manually characteristic which are not under un-assigned nodes are displayed when we create any MPOS ?

Thanks in advance,

Mukesh Kumar