cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error message when trying to configure the mail receiver adapter...

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to AUTH; 535 5.7.0 authentication failed

I not sure what should be the user authentication details I need to provide when configuring Mail receiver....

Also how do I check whether the SMTP configuration is working fine to send the mails to external ID.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

Check your URL. It should be smtp:xxxx

where xxx is the mail server. I thinlk its the problem of that only. User authentication is generally not required in the receiver adapter.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this link where I have provided the details:

http://rapidshare.com/files/145382808/Mail_rcv.PNG.html

I also have mentioned the details like:

1. user id specifiied in from is the one which is specified in SU01.

2. To ID can be anything.

3. User authentication details provided is the details which I use to login using my internet to view the mails in inbox. Is this user authentication mandatory.

Also please verify the details I have provided and let me know where I went wrong as I am getting these issues:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to AUTH; 535 5.7.0 authentication failed

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Sep 15, 2008 7:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide some inputs...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should be the user id and password which you use to access mails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue with the mail receiver adapter is still not resolved:

Whenever I am trying to send the mail from the ABAP stack manually it is working fine. But when I try to configure this for a file to mail scenario it is not working.

I used this blog for reference:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

I want to know clearly what should be the user id and password I need to provide for user authentication details:

shd it be the user id and passowrd which i m trying to login into SAP XI or it shd be the email id and password for accessing the mails.

Also in the from ID and to id... I have mentioned a email id in the SU01 should that be menitoned in from ID or it can be anything else.

Also what shd be the details that i can mention in the input file (from and to details) which will be sent as payload.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Sep 12, 2008 1:57 PM

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that you have provided correct UserID and Password in the authentication section.

The below blog will give you complete step-by-step process of configuring receiver mail adapter

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/IDoctoMail/demo.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the Settings should be like this

Transport Protocol : SMTP

Message Protocol : XIPAYLOAD

URL : smtp://10.10.10.10 (The IP address of your mail server)

check on box 'configure User Authentication'

Authentication Mode : Plain

Give User ID and Password

Let me know if all this is correct.

with regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am at client location, they have thier own mail server I dont have any of there domain mail ids, then can i send using my company ID or i should always trigger a mail only from the domain mail ID. If so can i use anyone id from that company, will I have to mention that sender Email anywhere in configuration otherthan in user authentication details.

otherwords, will it from the XI if I am triggering a mail from developer ID, should I need to mention this developer id and password there in user authentication. If so, should i need to do any settings in my profile SU01 and SO00.

Thanks & Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If so can i use anyone id from that company, will I have to mention that sender Email anywhere in configuration otherthan in user authentication details.

You should give the Email ID and password in Authentication section only.

First you need to check the User Authentication check box.

will it from the XI if I am triggering a mail from developer ID, should I need to mention this developer id and password there in user authentication

You need to provide the Email ID of the person to whom you want to send the mail.You no need to give the Developer id

Former Member
0 Kudos

First u need to configure u r clients mail server in the adapter

Eg: smtp://10.xx.xx.xx

u get that id from SCOT transaction--Open Double click on SMTP , use the Mail host address.

But u can give any email ID for TO

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

This seems to be the authorization problem, for the users you have used in your mail adpter. Check with the authorization and try again.it should work.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Provide more details, as I Basis admin has configured the SMTP configuration.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It is basis problem check with basis team for further process. For sending mail to outside we need some roles, check with basis people it will sort out easily.