cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Connect after BI 7 Upgrade - can extract but not display table contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After an upgrade from 3.1 non-unicode to BI 7 unicode on Windows OS, SQL Server 2005 DB, the DB Connect connection to another SQL Server 2005 database is still established and passes all checks. We are also able to load data from the datasources previously established. However if we right-click the source system -> additional functions -> Select Database Tables (3.x), list the tables/views, double-click a view known to contain data, click 'Display Table Contents' and nothing happens. We can run a load from the datasource connected to the same view.

I have seen one unanswered post with the same issue. If anyone else has come across this problem and has some suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Note we have checked the normal issues on the SQL user having created the views and don't believe this is an authorisation issue. There is no authorization issue posted in SU53.

Support pack level is 16 on Basis and 18 on BW.

Thank you,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No progress my end. Does anyone have any ideas before we open a customer message to SAP?

alberto_rosado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

Were you able to solve this issue?

Kindly share the solution, as I'm facing similar problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Des,

Firstly I would like to confirm that this is a copy of a BW 3.1 production system that has been upgraded to BI 7 (trial upgrade to pick up problems before full landscape is upgraded), not a new DB Connect implementation. Prior to upgrade the DB Connect system worked as before. No changes have been made to the source SQL 2005 system or DB Connect configuration in upgraded system (DB User is the same). Authorizations in BI 7 have been temporarily switched to the old method.

After the upgrade the table is visible when I right-click the source system -> additional functions -> Select Database Tables (3.x) including all fields. The check button results in message "Check: DataSource is OK". I can run an InfoPackage and loaded 282,226 records to PSA, so the connectivity is there. However when I click the 'Display Table Contents' button I get nothing - no results and no error message or short dump. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

The problem has happened in the past because fields in the table/view had lower case letters. This is not allowed. Please check the following documentation:

->http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw320/helpdata/en/58/

54f9c1562d104c9465dabd816f3f24/frameset.htm

->Modeling ->Source System ->Transferring Data with DB Connect

->Requests to Database Tables and Database Views

->Naming conventions for fields

If the above is not the cause please check the note 512739 again to make sure everything is configured correctly:

Please make sure in particular that the section III (d) of the note entitled 'Authorizations and visible objects' has been correctly

followed.

Regards,

Des.