cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating costs in SNP PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are trying to upload costs in the SNP PDS. We are using the BADI /SAPAPO/CURTO_SNP. In the method FILL_COST_FIELD we are planning to update the parameter COST1. Right now for testing we hardcoded some value in this field. However when we CIF the SNP PDS, the costs are not displayed in the corresponding field in PDS.

Has anyone come across a similar error in PDS?

Regards,

Kedar Agarkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar, to use the PDS_MAINT in R3 47 you have to implement the Note 1147234 - Trans. PDS_MAINT: Message "The transaction is not available".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution: Use the method CHANGE_SNP_PDS_R3 in BADI CURTO_SNP and update field PENAL of the table CT_COMPALT.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Hope you are on SCM 5.0

Transaction code is not PDS_MAINTAIN. It is PDS_MAINT.

I have also given navigation path.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Is this transaction in ECC 5.0/6.0. We are on R/3 4.7?

Regards,

Kedar

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kedar,

You are right, what I have told is in ECC 6.0.

I don't know about earlier versions. Maybe you have to use a BAdI. If BAdI is not working, you should post OSS Message.

We have tried to use PDS at our current site and have faced lot of problems with PDS which were partially solved through OSS. Apparently PDS is an object which is still under development. Frankly apart from object dependencies (if you are doing varient configuration) and phantom assemblies, I do not find any advantage using PDS over PPM.

Maybe you should consider using PPM.

My Best wishes with use of PDS.

regards

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

Our experience with PDS is quite similar to what you have mentioned.

We have faced issues in the following areas:

1. Carrying out setup optimization with SNP PDS where the PDS contains multiple resources with setup activities

2. Using Alternate resources in SNP PDS

3. Using secondary resources with SNP PDS.

What were the kind of issues you faced while using SNP PDS. Can you share the errors with us. If possible, send me your contact number so that I can call you and discuss in detail.

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had faced this problem.

For this, you have to go to transaction PDS_MAINT in R/3. Logistics -- Central Functions -- Supply chain planning..... -- Core Interface..... -- Integration model -

Change transfer --- PDS --- PDS_MAINT

After filling in the details of material etc you have to execute the transaction. On the next screen, you maintain cost data and save.

After this go to transaction CURTO_CREATE and transfer this changes to APO.

You have to transfer SNP PDS before this.

Hope this solves your problem

Cheers.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I tried to follow the navigation path you have specified for maintaining the costs. However I didnt find the transaction code PDS_MAINTAIN.

Can you help me out with this?

Regards,

Kedar Agarkar