SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem ,in My business scenario I create a Business Contact from Front Office and for create a business contact I call a workflow . There is a problem when I create a Business Contact it generate a unique number . But the number is not same as it generate in the workflow .

So, Can Any body suggest me how I generate same number form Business Contact and workflow.

Regards,

Khurram Siddique

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not quite sure if I understand your problem. I am also not sure why you are calling a workflow to create a contact.

If you could give more details I will be happy share my comments.

-ASB

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actully I am Attanding the complaint from the Front office and For Every complaint there is a workflow

eg. I attand a complaint form the customer for bill problem .When agent recieve this complaint the first step for recieve the complaint is to create a Business Contact and save Business contact then Business contact generate a unique Number like 223 .Whenever I save the Business Contact it go to the Inbox of Billing Department' Agent for solving the complaint but the Workflow ID is not same as Business Contact.

So, If I want to give the complaint number to customer then my Bcontact and Workflow ID is different I want that they shud same or any other solution.

Regards,

Khurram Siddique

0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, I think I understand the scenario:

- Agent receives complaint from the customer

- Agent creates a B contact to track the complaint

- On creation of contact a workflow will be triggered which will send this contact object to agent's inbox.

But I do not understand why would you want the workflow Id, which I am assuming as workflow instance number, should be same as contact number. I am not sure if you can achieve this.

Well, what I would do is , on creation of contact the workflow is triggered during this time contact object (BOR) is passed as input parameter to workflow through event "BCONTACT.Created". In the workflow send a workitem attaching the contact object. When agent recieve the workitem in his/her inbox then he/she can open the contact and see details and work.

-ASB

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for quick response ,

1)My first problem is that I hav to give the complaint number to the customer .So, if in future he want to know the status of the complaint then he tell me number and in workflow i search the complaint and check the status that weather it is inprocess or Complete .

2) My other problem is If I send the Bcontact to the other agent's Inbox by 'adhoc object 'then he can open the B contact in Display mode but if he want to print the B Contact then he is unble to do but according to my scenario he shud able to print the B contact.

Regards,

Khurram Siddique