cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to use the Solution Manager Service Desk scenario for our internal IT.

Because of the business process needs we want to use transaction types opportunity and activity. Although we have CRM license we won't use mySAP CRM for this part because opportunity and activity is part of our help desk scenario.

Technically it seems possible but we are not sure if it is possible or not ?

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I'm worried if we can get support from SAP about our crm scenarios in Solution Manager?

or are we allowed to use this product only for Solution Manager scenarios....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually my question is we will not not use two different systems (Solution Manager + mySAP CRM System)

for our internal IT scenario.

We want use the Solution Manager 3.2 Sytem for our crm scenarios and solution manager help desk scenario.

Technically it seems possible because all mySAP CRM 4.0 implementation steps are included in Solution Manager 3.2.

Can we implement different scenarios in SOLUTION MANAGER SYSTEM like opportunity management, activity management?

Thanks in Advance

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without having it tested, I would say Yes, you can, because the solution Manager 3.20 is an add-on to a CRM 3.10 System.

The CRM-stuff is all there (so the documentation).

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nevra Alkan,

please note that finally we have a dedicate SolMan forum.

I suppose you ask, if you can create own transaction types.

Yes, you can.

We did so for Change Request Management.

In SolMan 3.2 read the document:

SPRO -> SAP Solution Manager -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Change REquest Management -> Extended Configuration -> Change Transaction -> "Use a Transaction Type as Template" and so on.

In the IMG activity "DEfine transaction types" we took the standard SDCR and copied it to Z1CR (we will need also a Z2CR and so on for every company of our enterprise) and tailored a transaction type to our needs.

I suppose you can use the same IMG activities also for Service Desk, you would then copy and customize SLFN.