cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why NWDS creating 3 separate WSDL files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a web service from a session bean (and NWDS) . It is working fine from Web Service navigator. However it is not working when I try to invoke using javascript. I get a message that "0 operation definitions found". When I open the wsdl, I am not seeing the operations listed there.

When I downloaded the wsdl as zip file, found that there are 3 different wsdl files. I could see the operations in one of the wsdl files. Why NWDS is creating like this? Is it possible to generate only one WSDL file?

Web services created in ABAP system have only one wsdl file and everything is working fine with them. I need to have this web service on J2EE engine..

I created web service as below.

Created a stateless session bean

Created a new web service (and also VI) by right clicking on the bean

Added it to an Enterprise application project and deployed to SAP J2EE engine.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Which version of NWDS / AS Java are you using?

\-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

I am using NWDS version 7.0.08 and AS 7.0 SP8.

Thanks

Kumar

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Then I'll move your question to the more general SAP NetWeaver AS Java forum.

This forum deals with question specific to Java EE 5 and the Java EE 5 compliant releases of SAP NetWeaver AS.

\-- Vladimir

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

We have decided to go in the direction of three separate file due architectural and implementation details for the Java stack.

However, wsdl:imports are defined by WSDL standard and a WSDL process is supposed to deal with them. If it is not the case, it is the wsdl process that should be updated. Based on this so far we are not planning to introduce a 'single' wsdl.

~Dimitar