cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Amount in Doc Curr. and Amount in Second Local Curr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators:

When we did GR, system will generate one FI document authomatically, I got a question about the amount in FI document, the background is:

Document currency is EUR

Local currency is CNY

The maintained exchange rate in system is 1 EUR = 10.052 CNY;

After done GR, got the PPV item line of FI document as follows: e.g.

PPV G/L account Amount in doc. curr. Amount in local. curr. Amount in second curr.

PPV 840 8,378.55 833.50

The quotient of dividing 8,378.55 by 833.50 is the maintained exchange rate in SAP system.

My question is why the amound in doc. curr. is not equal to the amount in second curr.? What exchange rate does the system use to calculate the amount in doc. curr.?

I'm highly appreciated that you can help me to solve my confused question! Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Z.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An exchange rate can be entered while entering your document.

Another option is you can define an exchange rate in the document type. Go to OBA7 and know whether any exchange rate type is already defined in the document type.

By default, the system would pick up exchange rate type 'M' from the tables for conversion if no other specific type is mentioned.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much!

Have a good day and best regards

Tao

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your 2nd currency in the company code. Check the exchange rate maintained for your 2nd currency with Document currency on GR Date.

Regards

Sarma BH

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Sarmu BH

Whether can maintian the exchange rate of seconde currency in IR(MIRO) same as the exchange rate of local currency?

Thanks a lot!

beckshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the MIRO stage the system calulates the exchange difference from the table rate.

Regards,

Satish Muvva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is PPV?

I know only one PPV, which means pay per view. And here it is not relevent.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PPV is the purchasing price variance!

Thanks for your reply

Z.T