cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles tab in BEx Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am a Security admin. When i assign a authorization role to the user, in Bex Analyzer i can see these reports through Info areas tab but not through the roles tab. I even added the reports to the role menu in PFCG but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks so much guys...that helps.....i have been racking my brains over this for the last 2 days... atleast now i can tell the BW team team to take care of it. Is there anyother way though?

Regards,

Prashant

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

This is the best way that i know of. Since this would undoubtedly assign the Query to the Role even in PFCG and it works just fine.

The other method is the direct assignment in PFCG but i'm not very sure of the exact steps there.

Cheers,

Gaurav

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, BEx Query Designer. There you have the option of Save As. You can open your query and Save it in a different name under the "Roles" folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav did you mean Bex "query designer"?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

How can the report be saved through Bex. I thought its only possible to save the work books. I am trying to figure what you've suggested in Bex but in vain. Can you please take me through the procedure?

Regards,

Prashant

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you Open a query inedit mode and got Save As, You get a dialog box, to the left of that you can find Roles, Click on that and then choose the appropriate role under which the query needs to be saved.

The Query will now get saved under that role.

Hope it helps.

regards,

Gaurav

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to save the report under the role menu directly through BEx, The report thus will auromatically be assigned to the role in PFCG as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Kothari on Sep 9, 2008 11:01 AM