cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 5.1 (SP0) Book Publishing from Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Book Publishing for the first time and I'm having trouble getting any results. I have a template, it validates OK. I have a report that definitely has data showing for the current view and for combinations of the dimension that is listed in the !VARYKEYS field. When I try using the Wizard to publish the book everything goes OK in the various selections, and I can see it briefly open the template and the report in the background, but I get a dialog reporting that there is 'no data for the members specified in the report or current view'. I have re-confirmed that there is data. I've tried specifying every dimesion in the !FIXEDKEYS, and also just a single dimension. I have tried it with and without a Suppress Criteria. Am I missing something obvious?

Pete

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experienced the same issue, for some reason the suppression also looks at your current view. Try setting your current view where data will be found for each intersection like account=net income and datasrc = totaladj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian, that seems to have fixed it. I thought that I had tried that earlier, but I hadn't included 'every' dimension in the FIXKEYS area. The BPC Help and Training docs appear to be a bit misleading in this area as they imply that this area is optional unless you specifically want to control it.

thanks again

Pete

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

usualy the problem is that the account in the CV hase no data. A tric I use for publication is to create a technical account with a formula that alwas returns 1, and hardcode this account in the Fixed Keys of the book template.

Cheers

Arnaud