cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports license problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer's server has Crystal Reports Professional 9 installed. We have application installed on this server also. This application is deployed as a Windows service. This Windows service is calling multiple reports using threads (3 maximum concurrent threads). The reports are querying data from remote database and export to pdf files. However, sometimes we got the following error and cause some reports not generated.

"8/28/2008 12:53:55 AM 2 0 33000 Crystal_RDC N/A FCRS1 A Crystal Reports job failed because a free license could not be obtained in the time allocated. More licenses can be purchased direct from Crystal Decisions or through the Crystal Decisions Online Store."

"8/28/2008 12:53:55 AM 1 0 1 VBRuntime N/A FCRS1 The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application CRThai: Thread ID: 5540 ,Logged: Thai CR failedA Crystal Reports job failed because a free license could not be obtained in the time allocated."

I wonder how Crystal Reports calculate a concurrent license. Does it mean 1 thread per 1 license? But our license should be enough. How can we check a number of licenses are allowed on the server?

I've read the following post "" which might match our case. If I fall into that case, what edition should I install on the server for Crystal Reports 9?

Best Regards,

Noppadon S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Same issue as the other posting. The RDC was not designed to be a Server product and is limited to 3 report jobs.

You only option in code is to buld in job limitations. If the number of open report jobs is above 3 then queue the next jobs until one of the open jobs are released. There are no API's in the RDC to get the number available, you have to manage it manually.

Other option is to upgrade to a supported product like CR Server, it has a 20 CPL user license limit but in small installations this is sufficient to run and schedule reports.

Answers (0)