Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Impact in MM , If GLAccount replaced through FI substitution

Hi,

I need to post an Inventory document with a different GLAccount for a particular scenario, which I cannot achieve through customizing.

I have replaced the GL-Account using FI substitution and the Accounting document was generated correctly. But in the MM side in MSEG the GLAccount was not replaced.

What can be the issue that you foresee due to this inconsistency between MM and FI document?

Your inputs will be helpful. For e.g., Execute this report you will get the error because of this etc.

Rewards will be provided.

Regards

Prasath

replied

Yes Sir.. let the process end in MM and FI with the initial account.

I had a similar situation in the past and This is what we did:

We developed a report to pick all the entries posted to te original GL acct.. lets say A, based on all the necessary criteria..

We made it a utility report, so user could verify the entries and hit teh execute button.

There was a BDC running for posting a general entry to the second acct.. lets say B.

So users could verify and make a manual posting in to B, and if they had to reverse it, they would reverse the MM document.. which would anyways create a reverse posting, and once again this report could be run.. That way it was much cleaner and acceptable too..

Hope this helps

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question