cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact in MM , If GLAccount replaced through FI substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to post an Inventory document with a different GLAccount for a particular scenario, which I cannot achieve through customizing.

I have replaced the GL-Account using FI substitution and the Accounting document was generated correctly. But in the MM side in MSEG the GLAccount was not replaced.

What can be the issue that you foresee due to this inconsistency between MM and FI document?

Your inputs will be helpful. For e.g., Execute this report you will get the error because of this etc.

Rewards will be provided.

Regards

Prasath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope I am assuming this correctly.

This is a stock posting. The PO is not account assigned.. You are posting the GR, however the Config in OBYC or the Posting keys has a GL entry that you want to substitute ONLY in a specific scenario..

So you are substituting it with an other Inventory account... The postings that you see seem fine, however MSEG has the old GL account.. Is this right?

The issue with this is that the original account would not have any credit / debit entries in essence, however theoritically you show the postings... so when you pull a report in R/3 or BW, you have the original GL account, but the postings are made elsewhere witnessed in FI. This could be a bad Idea not only from an audit perspective, but in practice too.

I would suggest you do not interrupt the SAP process. Let it continue till the end, let the postings take place in to the original account. If you agree, let me know And I could suggest you a better solution if I correctly understood the above issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes your understanding is correct. Only thing is I want to do a stock posting without PO not using MIGO, but using MI07 - Anyhow this is just a stock posting for inventory difference.

I too agree with you regarding the sap practice perspective.

Do you want me to do a account transfer in FI ?

Please let me know.

Regards

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sir.. let the process end in MM and FI with the initial account.

I had a similar situation in the past and This is what we did:

We developed a report to pick all the entries posted to te original GL acct.. lets say A, based on all the necessary criteria..

We made it a utility report, so user could verify the entries and hit teh execute button.

There was a BDC running for posting a general entry to the second acct.. lets say B.

So users could verify and make a manual posting in to B, and if they had to reverse it, they would reverse the MM document.. which would anyways create a reverse posting, and once again this report could be run.. That way it was much cleaner and acceptable too..

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. I will go with that as no other clean option available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

We also have the same requirement that need to post the GR PPV to a special G/L account which can't setup in OBYC PRD.

Also we are not allowed to create the new movement type to fulfil the requirement.

Is there any solution you can suggest?

Appreciate your help!

Regards

Jimmy

Answers (0)