cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Unarchiving Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have encountered an error while unarchiving a repository. The Status tells "Newer than MDM Server! Stopped". Please advise on how I can unarchive successfully the repository.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

This is happening because your repository has been created in higher version respect to MDM server. So it's not possible to unarchive repository in this situation.

You have to upgrade your MDM server . You can follow the below steps .

Archieve the required repositories.A2i files will be generated (under path C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Archives)

copy these a2i files into any other place.

Install the new version of MDM Server and the other MDM Clients.(older version will get uninstalled )

Copy the Archives files(a2i files) and save into the path as earlier i.e.(C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Archives)

Mount and Start the MDM Server and Now you can take the unarchive of the repository

Thanks

Dola

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

+"Newer than MDM Server! Stopped"

Have you installed the MDM server and the MDM Gui on the same version and patch level.?

Check the MDM server details by livking on the mounted server and on the rt hand pane check and see the server and patch details

Click on Help->about MDM console and check the console details there.

If there is mismatch in both then this could be the cause of your problem.

The second reason to thsi problem could be that you have archived this repository on a higer version of MDM server and you are trying to unarchive it on a lower ver say your Archieved Version of the rep was from MDM SP05 and you are trying to unarchive it on SP04 then you will get this error.

Check for both these settings as mentioned .

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the error i can say that you are trying to UnArchive the repository created on higher version onto the lower MDM Server thats why it is throwing an error because downgrade of MDM repository is not possible.

In order to UnArchive repository you need to upgrade the MDM Server to the latest patch.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja