cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SAP CPS, how to transfer development to product?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP CPS does not have any kind of transfer mechenism?

SAP has CTS. but SAP CPS does not have any document about CTS.

SAP CPS base on SAP WebAS Java as like SAP EP.

why doesn't have any guide?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Park,

CPS does have methods for transfering CPS Objects (Scripts, Job Chains, Time Windows, Submit Frames etc) from one CPS environment to another. However, the methods are not based on Tranports. Your ability is to automatically import/export is also determined by the type of license you have. In versions 6/7 you can typically right click on an object and choose to Export. This generates a text based version of the object. Using the Redwood Shell in the target environment the file created can be executed and the the object will be created. Alternatively the Redwood Shell can be used and the DESCRIBE command (see Help) employed to export out a range of objects into a text file that can again be executed in any target environment. Using the Redwood Explorer you can also open a connection to each Repository and drag and drop objects in some cases. To automate the Export/Import process can be scripted but reqiures use of PL/SQL or some Operating System script depending on the complexity. Your ability to execute OS script and/or PL/SQL will be governed by your license (Basic=No, Full=Yes). An automated Import/Export module is available from SAP if your license supports it.

In terms of version 8 I believe there is going to be Import/Export facility built in. I have not seen it or used it so cannot describe it any further for you. My understanding currently is that again this will only be available to Full version users. If only the Basic version is used then I believe a manual process can be adopted in a similar vein to previous versions.

I believe most of the above is documented but if you're using V8 then this is still of course in ramp up so the documentation in this area may simply not be complete yet.

Regards,

Simon

Answers (0)