cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant create hierarchy FILE load for 0GL_ACCOUNT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys i have a special Question......we are trying to create a file load hierarchy source for 0GL_ACCOUNT, in BC i cant find any FILE type infosource or datasource.....in source systems FILE i cant create a datasource for hierarchy and in the hierarchy infosource appears a message that the infosource is already mapped to DEVFILE because theres an infosource FILE type for load master data...

I cant create a file load hierarchy infoosurce for 0GL_ACCOUNT

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats the question!!!!!!!!!! how to create a file system hierarchy infosource????

When i try to create a datasource in FILE DEV system, the creation screen dont show any Hierarchy option...only a combo with...variable data, attributes and texts...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the flexible or direct update? This will only work with Direct Update since you can only load a data target/infoprovider using the flexible update and a hierarchy is never an infoprovider.

For example, if you make your characteristic and infoprovider. The Attrib and Text infoproviders show up under the infoprovider tab. However, the Hierarchies don't.

So, here is a step-by-step solution you can follow ...

1.) Under Infosources tab, find your characteristic. You need to find the infosource for direct update. It will have the three icons ... one for attributes, texts and hierarchies. If you don't see the green hierarchy icon, then you need to turn hierarchies on for the characteristic.

2.) Right click on the infosource and choose, "Assign Datasource".

3.) Under Source System, choose your flat file source system, it is probably named FLATFILE, FILE, TEXT, etc....

4.) Enter your transport info and select yes to the infosource/datasource assignments for attributes, texts and hierarchies (assuming you have all three icons)

5.) Select the drop down for datasource and choose your hierarchy datasource.

6.) Activate the datasource or switch the transfer method to IDOC (instead of PSA) and save the infosource (no activation under IDOCs).

7.) You can now create your info package against the hierarchy datasource.

If you are having trouble getting to this stage, the next is going to be more difficult -or- perhaps you are already at this and are having trouble loading the hierarchy?

Whatever the case, please tell us the steps you have gone through and the errors or error messages you are receiving. Sometimes these issues are very complicated to both explain and to understand.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Oscar

please have a look here

http://dl.free.fr/qYDVeSnwm

i have done this screen cam for you and other sdn members.

it will be available only a few hours so when you get it let me know

bye

Boujema

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Oscar

if you were able to solve your issue please mark the post as solved.

And please do not forget

Food for Points: Make a Difference through Community Contribution!

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/007928c5-c4ef-2a10-d9a3-8109ae621a82

bye

Boujema

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Yes your correct, if finance team is maintaining the Heirarchies in ERP then you can load easyly coz you instaled the BC and you mapped to your source system. if you want load through the file you have to create the infosource and load the data. else create the hierarchies under the object using the nodes and intervels.

Regards,

chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi another way if you don't manage it explained in the previous post.

you can go with transaction rsa1old and create your datasource for hierarchy with flat file.

hope this helps

bye

Boujema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its active but is linked to R3 DEV system i want to link it to the FILE SYS source system and i cant...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't want the R/3 hierarchies and want to load from a text file, then right click on the infosource and assign a new source system ... type flatfile.

Choose your transfer method in the transfer rules and it's very important to have the file in the right format.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

The BCT hierarchy info/datasources act a little differently than text and attributes .... If you have installed 0GL_ACCOUNT fully, then you should see that the hierarchy infosource is there and active (a green icon that kind of looks like a wierd hat or christmas tree). If it's there and green, you are okay, if it's not there or it's there but white, try re-installing it from BCT. You don't go into the transfer rules and activate them like you do for the texts and attribs, these only need to be saved.

Assuming it is there and green, create a new infopackage and choose the hierarchy datasource. In your infopackage, you can select which hierarchy you want to bring over to BW. For each hierarchy, you need to create a new infopackage.

Brian