cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Hub - Data from multiple sources to single target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using Open Hub to send the data from SAP BI to Flat files. I have a requirement where I want to create a single destination from multiple sources. In other words in BI we have different tables for attributes and text. I would like to combine the data from attributes and text into a single file. For eg. I want to have material attributes and text in the same single file as output.

Is this possible in Open Hub? If yes could you please help me to understand the process.

Thanks,

KK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create the Info Spoke and activate it

2. Change it and go to transformation

3. Check the box InfoSpoke with Transf. Using BAdI

4. You are asked if you want to generate the spoke. Say yes & Simply set some texts and activate here, then return.

5. You can now change the target structure. Simply create a Z structure with all the attributs & text field in it in the SE11 and enter it here.

6. Double click on BAdI implementation & then double click again on "TRANSFORM" method of the implementation. It will take you to method

"IF_EX_OPENHUB_TRANSFORM~TRANSFORM"

7. Write a code to select & fill the text field & map other filed with the attribute fields.

Example:

ZEMPLOYEE_ATTR_STRU - Target Structure for InfoSpoke EMPLOYEE_ATTR

EMPLOYEE /BI0/OIEMPLOYEE NUMC 8 0 Employee

DATETO /BI0/OIDATETO DATS 8 0 Valid to

DATEFROM /BI0/OIDATEFROM DATS 8 0 Valid from

COMP_CODE /BI0/OICOMP_CODE CHAR 4 0 Company code

CO_MST_AR /BI0/OICO_MST_AR CHAR 4 0 Controlling Area of Master Cost Center

HRPOSITION /BI0/OIHRPOSITION NUMC 8 0 Position

MAST_CCTR /BI0/OIMAST_CCTR CHAR 10 0 Master Cost Center

TXTMD RSTXTMD CHAR 40 0 Medium description

Note: Text and attribute are in same structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Iliyas!!

But as you know Infospoke are outdated and Open hub is a new thing in BI7. Is this not possible in Open Hub.

We are using open hub for our project.

Anyway, points assigned for a very helpful answer.

Thanks,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

by using open hub destination it is not possible to get attributes and texts together in one file without doing extra ABAP coding.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but...... not texts in the sense you are thinking. If you create a new display attribute (length the same as the texts you are trying to download) and fill it with the texts you want, then you will have everythin, in the same file as attributes.

Conversely, you could download the "M" view to a file .... as in for 0material .. the /BI0/MMATERIAL. It contains the texts and attributes.

Brian