cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot able to view the daily data loads using Manage for Master Data BI7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The project is upgraded from BW 3.5 to BI7.

The Data is available in all the required Master Data Attribute and Text. But the problem is, when i want to see the data Using Manage Option it is not showing any loaded requests. The manage screen is completly blank. Where as i can able to see the same data in the PSA.

1. How to view the number of requests in the Manage option of Master Data.

2. What could be the cause of this kind of problem.

I would appreciate your participation in this. I have never seen this kind of problem till date.

If anybody needs any clarification then just let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Shaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. How to view the number of requests in the Manage option of Master Data.

2. What could be the cause of this kind of problem.

A : It may be a direct update ( no update rules ) - You will not find any requests in Manage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beekay,

A : It may be a direct update ( no update rules ) - You will not find any requests in Manage

Is there a SAP document confirming this please. We are also facing the same problem and would like to be sure before going back to customer.

thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beekay,

Thanks a lot for your Input.

In my scenario, everyday there is a data load to Customer Master and Material Master using Delta Option.

If a error occures in this case then how i can able to resolve it, as i cannot able to delete the specific request. And as it is delta, it will stop the next data load stating that the previous load is in error.

Clarify me if i am wrong.

I appriciate your views.

Regards

Shaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I'm in the same camp as Beekay.....

In the infosource section, you will have a flexible update infosource that goes to you master data infoprovider (under the infoprovider tab) and you will have the standard (direct update) infosources that load directly to the master data object.

If you load using the direct update, the data will not flow through your update rules, it will only go through your transfer rules/structure and communication structure.

If you use the flexible update (it's the one that looks like transaction data), then you will use the update rules and see the requests in the manage screen of the infoprovider.

My guess is that you are running an info package off the direct update infosource and not the flexible update infosource. If this is the case, you will not see any requests in the infoprovider -and- your master data will get updated.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

Thanks a lot for the valuable input by Beekay and you.

By now i think you understood my problem clearly. Now in this situation if a delta error occurs then how to resolve, as i cannot delete the request.

Regards

Shaan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the data is there in the master data attribute/text. it has to show in the manage tab. make sure that you are in the right context menu. Also, there is a date field for specifying date as how old request you want to see. Make sure you give a very past date here and refresh.

Thanks..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambhu,

Thanks for your prompt support.

I have checked all the options, and every thing is fine. Can you just put more limelight into this.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Regards

Shaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obvious question first ... are you loading to the PSA only? Make sure you have the right target set.

If you aren't, how are you loading the data now? Through a DTP or the old 3.x method? Depending on how you set everything up, you may need to do a further update from the PSA.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

Thank for the reply.

To make you more clear, the option is set as PSA and then in to Data Target. And i could able to load data everyday. I can able to see using the Maintain Master Data option.

But you might know that there is option called Manage (Right Click on the Master Data Attribute),

this is the place all the loaded requests will be shown.

My concern is i cannot able to see the requests. What could be the problem.

I appriciate your prompt support.

Regards

Shaan.