cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: WIS 30270

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing this error message " 30270: An internal error occurred while calling the 'openDocumentMDP' API. (Error: WIS 30270) BOException caught:RESULT=80004005;WHAT=InitDrill "

when you are trying to scheduled the webi report.

The report is migrated from DEV to PROD XIR2SP2FP2.7

I also try remigrated the report and universe but the report schedule get FAILED

some of the time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritz, is DEV by any chance at a higer patch level than PROD?

If you migrate from a higher patch level to a lower one you'll almost always get get "openDocumentMDP" error, especially if reports have prompts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Thanks for the information.

But both the DEV and PROD environment are on the same patch XIR2 sp2 Fp2.7.

And when i created a new report at Dev and remigrated that report to Prod, and try to schedule it , it again gives the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PROD does the report also generate error when viewed on demand or just scheduled? Does it happen with all users? say administrator?

Also in the report do you have a cell set as HTML which contains javascript code?

George

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error while saving a report in Dev environment. Can someone help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritz,

Another cause for this error could be that the folder to which the File Repository Servers (FRS) are pointing to are not accessible, do not have write permissions, or the reports do not reside in the FRS folders.

Solution:

If the reports are existing reports in an FRS and are being migrated over to a new system, they must be copied to the appropriate FRS folders in the Input and Output File Repository Servers of the new system. The location of the FRS folders is available from the Central Management Console (CMC) by clicking Servers > Input > Properties.

NOTE:

Ensure that this folder is accessible by the Business Objects User with read, write and execute permissions. If the new BusinessObjects XI system is pointing to an existing Central Management Server (CMS) database, the contents of the FRS folders of the existing BusinessObjects XI system must be copied over to the new system.

Regards,

Ekta Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritz,

These error messages are some times caused by one of the conditions used in the SQL syntax of the WHERE clause of the WebIntelligence report. One of the hard-coded conditions used an 'in-list' operator, where the values were hard-coded and separated by commas.

You can try the following step to check if it works for you:

To resolve these error message, change commas (",") to semi-colons (";"), and ensure that the SQL generated functions correctly.

Regards,

Ekta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please rovide me with some more details as:

1. Are you facing the issue with all the webI reposrt

2. Are all te reports based on the same universe.

3. Are you facing the sameproblem over the server too.

4. Have you checked if the server and client are on same patch level?

WIS 30270 issue have also been resolved by upgrading the patch levels.

Regards,